Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats a 91 Jimmy worth ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Executioner, Dec 13, 2000.

1. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Saw a white Jimmy yesterday, $4K obo, just drove by, know I am thinking.
    Its in Tucson, AZ. if that makes any difference.
    TIA

2. If it is a rust free 1991 it is worth $4K easy if it is in good shape and a Silverado. I have been looking around for some time and most 90-91 Silverado K5's go for 5K to 7K in good shape.

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I see you're back in town. Are you still in need of that tranny line? I kind of put it on the back burner, thought if you wanted it, you'd've (huh?)called. I decided not to go with the sliding windows. The one I had was in bad shape. So......... where's this Blazer?????? Lemme know if you still want, need that line. I only have the one.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. 91KJIMMY

91KJIMMY Registered Member

A 91 thats real clean with less than 80,000 miles will run from 7-9 thousand in price,I paid $8450 for mine but it was worth it. The other thing is the 91's had some options that were only available for the very end run of the K5's, late 90's and 91's. One note: the rear ABS can sometimes be a real pain if you use it off the pavement.

5. Executioner

Thanks for the replys, this one looks like a ex-work Blazer,
    still don't know the milage, guess over 100K, it is a manual tranny(yuck)
    not too good of shape 6-7, out of a perfect 10, only from a quick 2-3min look from outside.
    What to look for as common problems ?

6. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I just boughht my 90 Jimmy for 4K. The body had some dings here and there. All the elcetric crap worked, the windows were slow, I had to replace the bearings, ball joints, and other small misc. stuff. But it is one year newer. So I'd say if its a 6-7 out of 10 its probably..... Wait, is it independent front suspension? I think the 91 Jimmy's went to IFS. Don't know what your wanting to do with it, but thought you might want to know that. But it should be worth 5 to 6ish. Just check the oil for stickyness and tranny fluid for that preverbiale burnt orange smell. Other than that its like golf man, you just gotta grip rip and pray

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

They went to IFS in '92. I'd say 5-7K sounds about right (for here) not sure about where it is though...

90K5

8. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

9. azjimmy

azjimmy Registered Member

Here in the valley (metro PHX) even the Cheyenne models are still going for 6-7K, Doesn't sound too bad to me. Check the frame right at the steering box really well though, and you may want to check for any codes stored in the cpu. You can do this by using a paper clip to jump the "a" and "b" terminals on the ALDL (computer plug) under the dash. They will flash out any codes stored in memory through the "service engine soon" light. To do this, install the paper clip, turn the key to the "run" position but don't start it! It should flash a code 12 three times (indicates distributor not turning, this is normal), it will flash once then twice, pause, once then twice, pause, once then twice, pause, then it will flash out any other codes (3 times each), until it gets back to the 12 again, write down the codes and I'm sure you'll be able to find out what they mean here on the site or I've got a book for it if no one else does. Also, when you're ready to drive it, turn everything off (A/C, radio, heater) when you turn the key on (before you crank it) lean out the door and listen for the fuel pump, some are not very loud, but it should sound consistent until it shuts off, and it should run for about 3 sec. Hope that helps, Pat

<font color=red>Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!</font color=red>[​IMG]
    '76 Jimmy 6" w/35's

10. Executioner

Thanks alot, looks like I will be busy this weekend with a test drive !
    If I buy it I will swap my 12 bolts, for the 10 bolts. What will a pair of 10 bolts from a 91 bring ($500) ?
    Aslo I don't like manual tranny, what would it take to swap in an auto with overdrive, and a low first gear ?
    In 91 how many computors are there, do they all talk to each other ?(fuel, spark,auto tranny) ?

11. azjimmy

azjimmy Registered Member

There's only one on a '91 it controls just the engine, in'94 they started controlling the trans in the auto's, but in '91 just the engine. Going to the auto just means changing the steering column, pedal assy. and possibly the crossmember, and I'm not sure about the drivelines. Pat

<font color=red>Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff!</font color=red>[​IMG]
    '76 Jimmy 6" w/35's