Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what's a good alarm program?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colbystephens, Dec 5, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i want to download one of those free-ware alarm programs so i can wake up w/ music from my computer. are there any which will cause the computer to come off of standby mode to sound the alarm? what do you have?

2. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

The scheduled tasks feature of windows will do it. Just create a job that launches media player or winamp or whatever at whatever time you want. There is a check box to "wake computer to run task".

scheduled tasks can be found in the control panel.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:waytogo:
    That was my first thought... Have the task manager launch the audio file, or find out the command line to make mediaplayer/winamo start playing at launch, otherwise the progs will just start and sit there waiting for someone to hit play.

This reminds me of a script I wrote once to start mediaplayer invisibly on a machine over the network... I'd do it to my buddy and he'd call me and say "Why is my computer playing YMCA and there's no mediaplayer running?" :haha: :haha:

4. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

cool. i'll try that. :) thanks!