Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats a good header muff combo?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by balzer, Aug 7, 2000.

1. balzer

balzer Registered Member

i was planning on dualing out my 83 jimmy, it has a 305 in it and i was wanting to give it a little more sound and maybe even power, so i figured that while i am dualing it out i might as well take of the old exhaust manifolds and install new headers, what mufflers do you recomend and what headers do you recomend for more power,
    i want it louder but not too loud, i want a deep throaty sound if possible. and i want to know how hard it is to install new headers before i get myself over my head.
    and i would like any other cheap power ideas if yall have em. thanx

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hi, I went with Flo-tech headers and 3 chamber Flow-masters (all 2.5") The headers were a breeze to install and the Flow-masters give it a nice deep throaty sound. Pretty loud when you jump on it but not too loud when your just cruisin. Its great, you can annoy your nieghbors or not, its up to you!

Rene 81 Jimmy,350,SM465/NP205,FF14 bolt,HD Dana 44,3.73's,4"susp.,35"Grabber MT's,body in progress

3. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

Got an 85' that had a 305 but now have a fresh 350. I was in the same boat as you last year. I decided to go with Dynomax Headers from Summit. The were farily cheap which tells me you get what you paid for, so i can exxpect to replace header gaskets every year i guess. I went with flowmasters also, great sound. I would just set a budget and go from there. Get good headers and cheap turbo mufflers ($14 a piece with liftime warnty) and then upgrade to better mufflers later.

Ben
    www.BenjaminBone.coloradoK5.com

4. balzer

balzer Registered Member

why are you saying to get good headers now and cheap muffler and upgrade later, i can afford good mufflers and good headers right now

5. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

get them both, just meant spend wisely and choose a good set of headers and a nice sound pair of long lasting mufflers... sorry for confusion...

Ben
    www.BenjaminBone.coloradoK5.com