Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats a good place to get some parts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by IL84JIMMY, Apr 16, 2004.

1. IL84JIMMY

IL84JIMMY Registered Member

Hey guys, I got the go ahead from my wife for some "needed" parts for my 84 JImmy. I am looking at a new carb, and possible some new leaf springs. I am wondering where you guys go for these parts. Do you get em online? Does anyone trust E-Bay with something like a carb? What auto stores do you like. Basically any advice on where you would suggest going for these parts. I am a college student, so any money saved would be great. give me your $0.02. thanks /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Well needing to save all the money you can, my suggestion would be to pay $25 to become a member of the site and take advantage of all of the deals on the "parts for sale/wanted" forums. You WILL save money on the parts you need. And if you dont find what you need on this board, you get a few discounts from actual shops/stores. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. IL84JIMMY

IL84JIMMY Registered Member

Point well taken. At first I was trying to convince myself i would use the membership enough to get it. Lately though, i am worried if i get the full membership, i will be on here all the time to the neglect of wife, studies, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif It is hard for me to stay off here even now when i can only get on the Garage. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Any other suggestions on where to get parts anyone? Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ebay is good if they are brand new, you take a risk buying used stuff on ebay. some times its good stuff, others its junk.

i bought 2 sets of sbc heads off ebay. on the first set, one of the heads were cracked. the other set, almost every valve guide seal boss was cracked.

the guys on this site are great, i have not bought any "junk" from this site. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

well you will get addicted...no way around it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. And like was already stated, you can buy with confidence from 99% of the members on this site. And if you do get screwed, there are usually other members close by that can help you set it straight /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif