Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's a good price for a CUCV K30 missing driveline

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by steelsoldiers, Dec 19, 2003.

1. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

What\'s a good price for a CUCV K30 missing driveline

Hey guys,
    I found an ex-military K30 that was used by the police for a while so it is painted gloss white with black bumpers. The body appears to be rust free. It's complete except for engine, tranny, and t-case. The body has a few dents in and around the bed. The guy who is selling drove it before he took out the driveline. He said it needs rotors on the front and that everything else works. The bench seat has a rip in it and the dash pad is FUBAR. If I bought it, I would either pull the axles and sell the rest, or put a driveline in it and have a good truck(I already have a spare TH400 and NP208, just need a big block, or a Cummins /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif). Oh, it needs tires too. The sale price is $2000 OBO. That sounds real good to me because I have seen just a set of axles go for $1500. Plus, the guy is selling it OBO so he'll probably go a little lower too. What do you guys think? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. JRS2 75K5

JRS2 75K5 Registered Member

Re: What\'s a good price for a CUCV K30 missing driveline

I bought one at a federal sale last Oct. Good body with front and rear axle, no engine, trans or transfercase. The dash was gone and no seat. Had to give $1,400 for it. Body was rust free with como paint. Sounds like the deal you found is much better than what I got.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I payed $1400 for my K30 and drove it home.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Where I grew up, that would have went for around $400.00 to $600.00. But today, the K30's being rare, I can see over a grand.