Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's a good price?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Derf00, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

What\'s a good price?

Have been looking at some JL Audio amps and subs locally, but the dealer is known for his high prices, so does anybody know what a resonable price for H0210R - W3V2 Subs and the price for a JL 500/1 class D amp would be?

Any info would be appreciated.

2. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

Re: What\'s a good price?

look on ebay or crutchfield.com to get an idea of price.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, Ebay is good hunting grounds.

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

10w3v2's are usually around $200 a piece, maybe a little less on sale. But I'm not positive because I got my (3) 10w3v2's for $120 a piece. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif As for the amp I think they run around $500 or so. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

As I suspected, my local guy is high as hell, $600 for the amp and $200 something ea for the subs. e-bay has a lot of stuff, cheap compaired to these prices, just got to be careful who you buy from.

Thanks

6. rjfguitar

Do you have a local Good Guys? They carry JL and have good prices.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    e-bay has a lot of stuff, cheap compaired to these prices, just got to be careful who you buy from.

[/ QUOTE ] Always read the sellers feedback. If they have tons of positive feedback, then they're usely safe. If little feedback or negitive feedback, look else where. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifThis is West Texas, Super Wally World and a under stocked Circuit City /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Try any of the following for car audio stuff:

Ike Sound
    MMXpress
    Pricing Central

I'm not sure if any of these sites have JL. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif But they all have good prices on stuff. The first one seems to be the best for the stuff I was looking for.

Kris

10. rjfguitar

I doubt that they carry JL because it is hard to find stores that do...there is like 3 stores between here and turlock that carry JL and there is more stereo stores than starbucks around here.

Isn't it weird that some of the best stuff is the hardest to find? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I doubt that they carry JL because it is hard to find stores that do...there is like 3 stores between here and turlock that carry JL and there is more stereo stores than starbucks around here.

Isn't it weird that some of the best stuff is the hardest to find? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Try finding a place that carries Treo's and MMATS . Everyone carries RF, MTX, ...ect, but the top of the line stuff is hard to come by up here. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. rjfguitar

Damn, Would ya quit telling everyone to get teo or mats stuff when the poster has allready decided what they wan't. teo and mat is not the best out there nor what everyone wants. It's one thing when they ask about what brand to get but not when they are asking what to do with what they already know they want. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry derf back to topic about speaker placement with the equipment you have already decided you want. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifWhen I made the original post, I almost put a P.S. to Paul that I didn't want a price on MMATS or Treo. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and at this point I wouldn't argue which brand is better. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifWhen I made the original post, I almost put a P.S. to Paul that I didn't want a price on MMATS or Treo. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and at this point I wouldn't argue which brand is better. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I hear ya, and yeah, I do tend to "push" the MMATS and Treo's a bit, but as you said, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and I said what I really like on more then a few occations. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Damn, Would ya quit telling everyone to get teo or mats stuff when the poster has allready decided what they wan't. teo and mat is not the best out there nor what everyone wants. It's one thing when they ask about what brand to get but not when they are asking what to do with what they already know they want. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry derf back to topic about speaker placement with the equipment you have already decided you want. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Hold on, can't I post my honest opinion ??? Don't pull a Bubba on me please. [ QUOTE ]
    treo and mmats is not the best out there

[/ QUOTE ] I'd beg to differ on that one, but everyone is is entitled to thier own opinion, even if it is misguided. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. rjfguitar

You sound like a friggin' salesprick, do you secretly work for those guys guys or what? Besides how do you know that they are supposedly(key word) so great? From last I heard your system isn't even functional yet... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

No I'm not pulling a bubba on you(what an insult /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif) and you are intitled to what you like but to push it on every thread that comes across this forum and basically sound like a big friggin' billboard isn't very cool either. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    You sound like a friggin' salesprick, do you secretly work for those guys guys or what? Besides how do you know that they are supposedly(key word) so great? From last I heard your system isn't even functional yet... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

No I'm not pulling a bubba on you(what an insult /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif) and you are intitled to what you like but to push it on every thread that comes across this forum and basically sound like a big friggin' billboard isn't very cool either. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ] First of all I was just giving you hell, sorry you took it otherly. I don't need my system functional to know what is quality components. I'm working on a limitted budjet, but don't see anything wrong about talking about items I want. Jezz, I did say in this thread to someone else [ QUOTE ]
    I hear ya, and yeah, I do tend to "push" the MMATS and Treo's a bit, but as you said, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and I said what I really like on more then a few occations.

[/ QUOTE ]

18. rjfguitar

You also said this: and roughly the same thing in most of the stereo threads. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[ QUOTE ]
    Try finding a place that carries Treo's and MMATS . Everyone carries RF, MTX, ...ect, but the top of the line stuff is hard to come by up here. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    You also said this: and roughly the same thing in most of the stereo threads. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[ QUOTE ]
    Try finding a place that carries Treo's and MMATS . Everyone carries RF, MTX, ...ect, but the top of the line stuff is hard to come by up here. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]By top of the line stuff, I was could also be refering to [​IMG] or [​IMG] just to list a couple.

20. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Paul,

As someone who doesn't know much about sound systems, it would be much more helpful to me if you or anyone else would state facts as to why one brand is better than the other. All of the mindless dribble back and forth about who thinks what accomplishes nothing other than waste bandwidth.

I have a local friend who is sold on Kapa perfects and Autotek amps, it sounds good, but is it any better or worse than some of the other brands discussed? Obviously the "good stuff," will cost more and won't be found in Wal*Mart, but as always with some "good stuff," you will pay for the name and not the product. Whether it be electronics, car parts, guns, etc., there are products out there that will do a very good job and not break the bank.