Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's a Trail Blazer??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, Nov 10, 2000.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

What\'s a Trail Blazer??

On a recent trip to the local Chevy dealer I saw a sharp looking Blazer sitting at the service department. Naturally I had to go look at it. From a distance it appeared to be a '85-'91 Blazer. However, on closer inspection I noticed it had a full removable top, I figured that someone had done a custom job since they quite making those around '75. The interior was totally custom, front seats and console were out of a late model Chevy. The rear seats were buckets that folded down, really sharp. The thing that really caught my attention as to the real age this Blazer was the fact that the floor pan steped up behind the drivers seat. The front clip had been replace with a newer one, the engine was a 350 with a carb. It had a 4" lift, 35x12.5x15 MT's on Centerline wheels. What really got me to wondering what this "Blazer," was, were the Trail Blazer emblems on the dash and tail-gate.
    Can anybody tell me about the "Trail Blazer," emblems?

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: What\'s a Trail Blazer??

hmmm, sounds like a custome naming deal.
    Didn't International make a "TrailBlazer" or am I thinking of something else??????????

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

3. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

If the floor board steps up behind the drivers seat then it possibly could be a pre-75 model. I do not know what the newer body style Blazer's have (76-91) but my 74 has the step-up behind my seat, as you described.

Communication Breakdown
    74 Blazer
    Zeppelin

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a custom job to me too. Probably went to the junkyard or the dealer or something and got emblems off those new "Trailblazer" model of the S-10 Blazer. I wouldn't have put those emblems on my truck considering that the Trailblazer is the same piece of junk that the GMC Envoy is.

[​IMG]http://www.ncclassics.com

5. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Not sure where the badges came from, but FYI either the 2001/02 (forgot which one) S-10 Blazer will be re-named "Trail Blazer". Fine by me, they killed the name a long time ago when they took it off the full size to place it on the S-10. Just my opinion.[​IMG]

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

And my 72 does also, but I doubt that someone would accually conver a first gen to second or third for that madder....[​IMG]
    I need more coffee or a pillow one of the two...............

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com