Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats agood thing to eat before drinking?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by y5mgisi, Nov 24, 2004.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I need to know casue im going to a thanksgiving party tonight /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif and i want to "prep" My self for it so i dont fell carpy tommorow. Also whats the best thing to eat/drink in the morning to get rid of a hangover? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Cornbeef and cabage, baked beans, boiled eggs. Everybody will clear a path to the keg/bar for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Best thing to do is drink a shitload of water before you go to sleep so when you wake up, instead of having a horrible headache and being dehydrated....you just have to piss really bad.

4. snobordboi

snobordboi Registered Member

Ok I second Tim here, water will be your savior, dehydration is most of what hurts ya. So far as what to eat, beforehand bread and such, anything that will absorb alcohol in your stomach is good. But drink water, like a glass of water per drink is great, and gatorade is even better. The next day drink gatorade and eat bananas, replenishing the potassium and B vitamins is what your body wants, and a good greasy cheeseburger always tastes good too. But try to keep it in moderation and a have a good time, noone likes to not remember what ya did, or hear what dumb stuff ya did from other people later!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Best thing to do is drink a shitload of water before you go to sleep so when you wake up, instead of having a horrible headache and being dehydrated....you just have to piss really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. If I know Im gonna get $hit faced, I'll eat pizza, a sandwich, or just straight bread. Basically some dough. Lotsa water before you give your pillow some head. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

prolly too late, but don't eat b-b-q. every time i went out drinking after eating that i always got sloppy drunk, sick, & hungover(bad)

7. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Lot's of water and Carbs /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Generaly if ya can remember to drink water before going to sleep ya aint got nothing to worry about.
    Just don't drink a bunch of water and go to sleep and start dreaming ya have to pee and are pissin against a tree. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    No food will "soak" up alcohol.
    If ya realy want to get the goods on the effects of alcohol the state of Or will be happy to give ya 9 month training course on it. For a fee of course.
    Just a lil reminder not to be dumb on the Holidays. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    On the occasions I forget to drink a glass of water before I go to sleep I drink a Qt of Gatorade and a Rockstar when I get up.
    Then go get some greasy porkchops and runny eggs. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd actualy receommend gatoraid or anothe sports drink. The sugar (carbs) help too. Always worked for me when I was in Jorea/Turkey. I seemd to have more gatoraid in my fridge than anything else /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Before:
    Have a couple of beers. Its good food,lots of vitamins and such. And it will prep your system for the abuse its going to take
    After:
    Beer and Snappy Toms will cure what ails ya.

11. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

well I made it through the night and im feling ok. Just sippin on some sparkling sider. I ended up drinking prettyl lightly and hitting the sack a little on the early side. Had about 5 bears and a shot of tuquila(sp) At that point i was feelin allright so i headed out to the best tent ever made...my SUBURBAN! man sleeping in the back of a burb is the coolest. I just laid out my pads and sleeping bags before hand so then i wouldent have to when i was "feeling it" Its so nice wakiing up and being all comfiy and you can listen to the radio all night. Any ways so it worked out good and im feeling A O.K. So thanks for all the helpful drinking tips and i'll see ya'll later

12. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i agree lots o pizza before and as dumb as it sounds eat liver before bed. it absorbs alcohol even after its cooked. NO SH!T!i was drinking at least 12 beers every night and every time i ate liver i felt normal the next day . no hang over at all. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif