Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats behind the panel?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lunchbox, Nov 19, 2006.

1. lunchbox

lunchbox 1/2 ton status

im planning on putting in some 6.5 inch speakers in the jimmy tommorow and after many different faild ideas im gonna go with mounting them in the door, ive got power windows will that be a problem, ive looked at pictures and it looks like some have put them right below the window switch and door lock switch parallel with the padded arm rest, is this a good idea?:dunno:

2. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Best advice: take the panel off and see for yourself. It's only a few screws.

3. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you have power windows it probably wont work unless your speakers are really shallow. Also if you do check it make sure that you roll the window up and down first.

4. ChickenRammit

ChickenRammit 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i had that problrm too, they have some spacers you can buy at any stereo shop that shim the speakers out and then there is no contact between window and speakers. you can also just make the spacers out of plywood or particle board. you just trace the shape of the speaker onto the wood and cut it out with a jigsaw.

5. lunchbox

lunchbox 1/2 ton status

ya i tookl the panels off before and i guess my question was is it possible? sorry, but after tinkering today i think im just gonna fiberglass an enclosure under the seats.:waytogo: