Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's better for all around driving MT Baja Claw or SuperSwamper SSR?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RyansRod, Mar 26, 2002.

1. RyansRod

RyansRod 1/2 ton status

What\'s better for all around driving MT Baja Claw or SuperSwamper SSR?

These are the tires that I'm looking at purchasing, I know the SSR is relitaveley quiet on road and the Baja suposidley the complete opposite, but what I'm concearned with is if I can push 90 on the freeway with the Bajas and not die. Also if the SSR can be as good in the mud and snow as the Baja?
    I'm debating between the awesome performance of the Claw and the drivability of the Superswamper.
    I'm looking at getting 35X13.50 with a 15 or 16 inch rim.

2. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

Re: What\'s better for all around driving MT Baja Claw or SuperSwamper SSR?

i have never had either of the tires, but i know that the SSR's last longer because 2 of my friends got those 2 tires at the same time, and the SSR's have more tread now [1year later]

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Re: What\'s better for all around driving MT Baja Claw or SuperSwamper SSR?

Go with the SSR's. They are suppost to be a much better tire and have heard tons of great stuff about them in snow, ice and rain. I have a personal experience with the Baja claws and they suck IMO... ride like crap... the loudness didn't bother me, but then the guy who had them junked them after about 20k cause they were down to about 1/4 tread