Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats better Performer or Performer RPM?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ditchdigger, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Ditchdigger

Ditchdigger Registered Member

Is the Edelbrock Performer or the Performer RPM better for a 4WD I'm thinking the performer for (Idle to 5500RPM)supposedly low end torque versus the higher RPM Performer RPM
    What you guys think, seems like the RPMs series have a more aggressive intake pattern but is that for all high end torque

If it ain't Intimidating / It ain't a Chevy !

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

If your doing off-roading you want lower end torque...

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking the Performer one because a Blazer spends alot more time under the 1,500 than a sports car. According to Edelbrock the performer has a "dual plane manifold that boosts power from off-idle to 5,500 RPM" The RPM "are hig-rise dual-planes to give you power in the 1,500-6,5000 rpm range" What that means, I dunno, but thats what they say.

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

i use rpm. realisticly how often are you under 1500?i like havin the xtra top end there when needed.but im into boggin rock crawlers may see it different.i think a mag did a test on these 2 int and a single plane the rpm lost nothing on the bottom and really shined at the top.close to single plane.best of both worlds.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.

5. Blazer_Boy

When you're barely luggin down the trail you're at near idle speeds. Not many of use exceed 5,500, but then again some do. I guess I was thinking more in terms of my own usage to be honest. I'm pretty much a city boy that does a little fishing. I don't spend too much time over 1,500 because I'm running those damn 3.08's along with my 31's. This weekend, if all goes well....in goes new axle #1, an open carrier, 3.73, 12-bolt! Then when I get another 3 or 4 day weekend, in will go axle #2, a Dana 3.73 front [​IMG]

6. Pure Insanity

well,my motor should idle around 1200-1500 so idle is a variable baseline.really not gonna be too good luggin around trails.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by pureinsanity on 03/19/01 08:04 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

7. Blazer_Boy

Holy Crap! Sounds like you got a hot rod on your hands, lol. Gotta see some pics. I just have stuff that makes me look fast. Ya know, finned alumminum Edelbrock valve covers, MSD wires, lol.

8. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

The performer is what you want to go with.

89 K5 Silverado
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com>http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com</A>

9. bigerik

bigerik 1/2 ton status

Hey Ditchdigger! Thanks for the email on your Trans Am. I just put in a Performer and Edelbrock RV cam PN 2102 (and the double roller timing chain)--it made an obvious difference. My friend slapped a Performer on without switching the cam and it made no difference. The RPM is for street/hot rods. If you wheel: Performer. If you race: RPM. Edelbrock doesn't have very many cams to choose from and they lead you to believe that other cams aren't as "dyno matched." That's got some hype to it--you could call Crane Cams and open up more options.

10. Pure Insanity

blazerboy,ya things got a little outta hand.hehehe!ill be droppin pics as soon as theyre developed ive taken pics the whole way.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.

11. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Ditchdigger, I myself would go with the Performer, even and Weiand Action plus #8004 non egr or #8000 egr all of these will work well in a blazer that is if depending on how you 4wheel your ride, have you put a cam in yet? As you know all that stuff works togther, A call to your locale speed shop will help out to. Oh you live in North Dakota good luck j/k Eric

Lost? i'm not lost i'm just disorienated