Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats better Tire Wise??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NateInChandler, Jul 25, 2006.

1. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, its raining like a scolded dog here and i just went boggin a little bit in a field down the street from my house.. The mud and water was coming up over the hood and seemed like i almost got stuck once or twice (didnt wanna chance it any more without my cell handy or another 4x4 there) Right now i have some All terrain Tires (the same as the BFG A/T's, but a different brand), but i also have some 34/15.50 swamper TSL's that have about 40% tread depth left.. Are these gonna work better than the a/ts (which are brand new) or do both sets pretty much suck for the mud??? Thanks in advance, Nate

BTW, I have a airraid intake system with a K&N filter on the end of it, this looks like a easy deal to make into a snorkel of some sort with the filter being either in the cab or something like that with some 3-4 inch pipe, what do youguys have for snorkels. this is a 85K10.. Thanks

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

run the swampers in the mud even with 40% tread they should bite better than A/T's

Do a search on snorkels and you will see a few setup's RootBreaker has a pretty slick snorkel on his truck. A month or two ago somebody was offering a snorkel kit on here I plan on purchasing

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  3. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

swampers will work much better. the at's get loaded with mud too easy, even if you can spin them fast, they will still get loaded up fast.

4. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

swampers hands down