Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's everyone doing for "spring break" ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Mar 13, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

My family is heading down to disney land.
    What are you guys doing?

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Going to the Grand Canyon :waytogo:

At Disney Land you'll be close to where I grew up.....if you were closer to Phoenix (you'll be about 7 hrs away) y'all could stop by the house.

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

your lookin at it!:confused:

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

You grew up in Phoenix? Always liked the looks of that place...although hot, like the rest of Arizona:grin:
    Grand Canyon eh? Have fun, take lots of pictures!!

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

While I do have spring break from college, I do still work full time. I am planning to use the spare time to finish up the rear bumper w/tire carrier project I've been working on for about 2 months now.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Just so I dont have to make another thread...
    Anything I should be aware of while in Califonia? I think disney land is in Anehiem... kind of paranoid. Is there a lot of crime near disney land? anything I should know?

7. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Goin bag some peaks then go home to San Diego. Only one more week tell break.:D Disney land is plenty safe. Don't let the Asians cut you!!!

8. bigyellowjimmy

I grew up in California, about 45 miles North of Disney Land. As you know I live in PHX now, moved here 3.5 yrs ago from Wyoming.

Yeah, we are meeting my uncles family at the Grand Canyon, should be a nice time. My wife is thinking about taking the work camera to shoot some photos for future use at the newspaper, I hope she does cause then we can get reimbursed for mileage :pimp:

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

ahh IC. reimbused for the milage eh? That;d be nice!! How far is the canyon away from you guys?

10. bigyellowjimmy

Its about a 4 hr drive.......

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Driving or flying? If you drive you'll pass within 4 miles of my house, when you pass the 152 exit to Los Banos on I-5 wave to the east side of the freeway.:D

Actually, there's a good place to eat right around my place too, right off of I-5 called Anderson's, they make great split pea soup.:thumb:

If your family is the type that likes the drive as much as the destination, I would highly recommend driving the Pacific Coast Highway either down to SoCal or when you head home. It's a real pretty drive but will take a bit longer than I-5. I-5 is a boring drive, there's some nice mountains that you can see but once you get south of Redding it's pretty much nothing but fields and cows.

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Man, the combined forces of RJ and Can Can, one of whom has adopted him as a brother and one of whom has adapted him into his head breaks, can't get Stave to stop by or talk on the phone, what would make him go visit Evan...

OHHHHHH

Split pea soup.......

Damn, I want some soup now

13. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

well ill be at the grand canyon too... for about 24 hours
    but ill be working: I do maintenance on some Air Quality sampling equipment, so "Spring Break" will be:
    fly to Phoenix, then hit 1 or 2 sites a day on the drive back to Davis... and get back to Davis 24 hours before i go back to school...
    should be "fun" to get paid to hike in the Grand Canyon:rolleyes:

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I never asked him to stop, just told him to wave... How would that look to his parents - "Moooommmm, um, there's this 30 year old guy from the internet? He asked if I could stop and visit him on our trip to Disneyland? Is that OK?":eek:

The split pea soup is good, haven't had it for years but have been thinking about going there for dinner one day.

15. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

My spring break ends in about 7 hours. So far I got the jeep running and wheeled it for a little bit at my friend's farm, new shocks (yea, yea, it only took 2 years) and ball joints on the Yukon, threw a huge bonfire party on the beach, and I think I picked myself up a cooool girlfriend. So I'd consider it a success. :thumb:

And Steve...have fun at Disney, it's utter touron insanity. I went to the one in Orlando last summer, and I've never seen so many people in one place. But since you're going, I think it might be important that you get a picture with Mickey and post it.

16. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Take out the disneyland and that's almost verbatim what I said to me mah last time I went to Cheyenne and passed through Rapid City.

This year, if he's still there, I am going to stomp all over Z3PR's ass in his very own home

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Shaggy,
    We fly down there, somehow we get from the airport to the hotel (I don't know how, never told anything) And I don't know where those roads are. I'd stop by, but we don't have a vehicle, and we are strapped tight for time, plus I also need to meet Paul first :). Plus, you'd probably kick me out anyways:grin: I'll wave in the direction I assume your house is in though:)

Thats what I am worried about. I dislike crowded places...I'm just paranoid about my sister or mom getting excluded from the "group" and getting lost somewhere, or getting kidnapped, or something getting stolen.
    I'd get a picture with mickey for everyone to make fun of me for, but we're not bringing the camera, just the 35mm (or whatever they are) camera with film. And we don't have a scanner. PLUS, a picture with mickey makes me sound tiny.

18. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Oh dear stave, shall we ever see your face?

19. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

working 13.5 hours a day oddley enuff at several schools :thinking::thinking:

20. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

After having a long talk with my wife ,, we decided for summer break, that I get to go out and dig everyday in 110 degree weather ,in a pissy sewer trench . WEEEEEE !!! WEEEEE!!!! :grin: