Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats GASOLINE cost where YOU live?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uglychevyZZ4, Feb 13, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Well it is now $1.68 for the cheap sh!t here /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif folks at Chevron told me they have corporate orders to raise the price nationwide .11 cents a day at 4:00am everyday til further notice, i swear, this is gaw*amn faw*ing rediculous, it'll kill me to pay that, so my first work-hour everyday will be to pay for my transpo gas to get there, and itll stay that way til after summer is over, you know THAT will happen. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

It's only $1.89 here for the cheap stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

3. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

went from $1.20 to $1.53 overnite /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    folks at Chevron told me they have corporate orders to raise the price nationwide .11 cents a day at 4:00am everyday til further notice

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh what the hell!
    THats f'd!
    I'm going to go fill up my tank now.
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. uglychevyZZ4

You bet it is, especially since thier reasoning was due to a strike in some other southern country, but thats over now /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I went to work on my truck today at 2, gas was 1.74. On my way home at 6 gas is now 1.81. This is at the chevron down the street from my house, this is also for the cheap stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. uglychevyZZ4

i wish i could make my truck run on idiots, id have plenty of fuel /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Premium.....$1.65 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

LOL Rob
    Only 1.63 here. makes my butt pucker thinking about if I still had to drive the K5 to work.
    If I was still driving the Burb I would have had to camp out at the shop all week.
    That hog was costing me $20 a day when it was cheap $1.37 LOL
    But yep this is just friggin stupid, granted the price of fuel is not as high as some countries. Those fawkers seem to use any excuse to jack up the price of fuel.
    And what are ya gonna do?? They have it and we need it.
    I damn sure aint gonna walk to work.
    And a bicicle is pretty much out of the question too.
    A lil scooter would be good on gas but then ya just have to dodge all the idiots in traffic and I feel much safer surrounded by metal.
    I bet those hybrid car sales are gonna take off.
    That is a good concept but do they have to be so stupid looking?
    I mean come on who designs that stuff, drunken monkeys?
    I would rather drive a smoking, leaky exhaust , rotted out body turd brown Duster with a 6 in it than one of them.
    With an 8 track.

10. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

1.61 for 89 1.71 for 91 and 1.81 for 93..but the real kicker yesterday diesel went up to

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif 2.04 per freakin gallon

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

luckily we can still get it for 1.48 per gallon at the shop- which means that all these gas stations have raised the prices 50 cents for profit....we buy at the shop in bulk, and pay what stations pay for it....50 cents holy crap! (too bad it's not really legal for me to run the 1.48 stuff)

Brandy

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Just heard it on the news, the oil stocks are at their lowest supply for a long time.

Also, that strike in Venzuela may be over, but they have to recover and get back on track with production.

Then there's that little set to over there in the foreign sands.

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[/ QUOTE ]
    What the hell you guys have 93 octane? All we have is 87, 89 and 91. But it dont matter all we can afford to run is 87.

13. uglychevyZZ4

I can just feel the stress from everyone, this isnt gonna be good, at all, people are losing thier asses, everywhere, even the food banks are starving because they havent FORGOTTEN that the 9-11 money was not used properly, ( red cross die!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif ) and wont forget. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

14. uglychevyZZ4

ok, literally, i cant afford to start my k5 right now to just drive to the store, that sux /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

15. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I have no idea what gas is costing around here. I've been stuck on an island since yesterday morning when gas was $1.79 for regular. Looked out the window when I got up this morning and the creek (now river) is still running high. A couple of girls tried to cross it last night in a full size Chevy truck and got stuck. The sand was being undermined by the current and the nose of the truck went under at about 11 pm... Took two large tow trucks 3 hours to get it out.

Oh by the way, it's been raining here since mnday night...

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hell Rob I wish I was only paying $1.68 a gallon. Hell we have been way past that for a while. Also consider this to go to the main grocery store it's a 60 mile round trip, bank is 40 miles round trip. But the way I look at it if I do go to the store in my pickup that get 20 to the gallon thats only like slightly less than $6 worth which is only a little extra work to cover it.

17. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

It's $1.53 for the cheap (87) here. Sure wish it was warm enough to ride the bike

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

What the hell you guys have 93 octane?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Chevron a block or two away sells 94 up here. The prices have been all over the map though. Monday it was 82.9 per litre, tues 75.9 per litre, Wed back to 82.9, this morning 77.9.

On the other hand diesel has been steady at 69.9 and has been the same price for months. This tells me the gas price is crapola. Funny how 90% of the time gas prices go up on the 14th and 29th of every month. The government says there is no colusion or conspiracy on gas prices...but how hard do you think they look? If you think about it they get a percentage at the pumps, so it's not in their best interests to have lower prices. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Rene

19. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

87.....$1.61
    89(ethanol).....$1.59
    93.....$1.74

Those prices suck. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I run the 93 octane in my Burb! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

20. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

1.78+ for 87 last saturday when I got $5 worth. The K5 is killing me. I drive her to the train station, only 6 miles a day luckily, but I'm low today, she started sputtering on every left turn... If the truck wasn't the only vehicle registered to park there, I'd be back to driving my wife's old Grand Prix...