Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats going on in our shop right now...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Dec 4, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Just figured I'd post what is getting done in our shop right now.

Most interesting first off. My buddy is doing a SFA swap on his Toyota Tacoma. Narrowed HP 44 out of an F250, going with 2.5" King Coilovers and a doubler triangulated 4 link in the front. Should be a cool truck, already has a TRD supercharger on the stock V6, quick truck.
    [​IMG]

Cutlass getting a new engine, frame cleaning, fuel system, nitrous, and new wiring harnesses.
    [​IMG]

CJ that got a spring over lift.
    [​IMG]

A 2000 something Silverado getting a 4 link rear suspension, not quite sure why... its 4x4, I guess for traction whenever he builds the motor.
    [​IMG]

A 1968 Firebird getting a rear 4 link and custom front suspension. Not sure if the front suspension will be done here or not, he was talking about scrapping that project and buying a pre-built road race front subframe. This one is of interest to me being as Dad owns a 69...
    [​IMG]

Range Rover getting a set of Old Man Emu springs and custom made links with Johnny Joints.
    [​IMG]

S10 getting new rear framerails and bags(had Hydros when we were at Carlisle this past summer).
    [​IMG]

Prelude getting strut tower brace and some other body stiffening pieces. A lot of these coming in and out. The Dodge in the background got a tubular "prerunner bar" :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Just another Mustang with a cage...
    [​IMG]

One of the cooler projects, a later 70s Trans Am getting an LS1 with T56 6 speed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are some others in the shop you may catch glimpses of in the pictures, nothing special really. A Civic hatch getting a cage. Audi getting coilover suspension. A full frame for a S10, intersting bit is he is going right hand drive. Ranger getting bags. An Early Bronco got a larger lift, panhard drop, radius arm drops, and is getting a cage. Not a fan of the work being done on it as of yet.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, lighting in our shop isn't meant for picture taking.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Nice pics. :rolleyes: What about the flash on the camera? :doah:

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah thats the flash on... should see without it :eek1:

4. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

sweet

dude, you must have the coolest job in the world... I'm going to college to be a teacher, but I think I'll always have the longing to worksomewhere like that :bow: :bow: :bow:

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

wish it was my job, I go to Wyotech, this is class work. Chassis Fabrication and High Performance Engines class. There is an upper 400cui Mopar engine being built in the class too. I think they are expecting upper 600HP numbers out of the N/A motor.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

THat's why yor are there - so it will be your job. Looks like a neat place. :waytogo:

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I hope so. Have to start sending out applications. I graduate the end of the month :eek1:

8. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

is that a 78 pontiac getting the lt1 and 6 speed trans? my dad has one so im just curious. sad to say that the one in your photos looks better then his.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

read, I said LS1 and 6 speed.

10. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

Ah, the Cutlass. I love those things. Seems like everybody builds Chevelles, GTO's, Mustangs and such. Don't see a lot of Cutlasses anymore.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

damn, who are all these people that can actually afford to pay a shop to do that much work. Im mad jealous. lol! :grin: :thumb:

j

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

All the projects are students projects. THere are only one or two projects belonging to people from the community. And they get stuff done for the cost of materials, labor is just students earning a grade.

Hope to find a place to work doing this stuff. THere are a few places back home building drag cars that do a good business.