Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats gonna look best.. and where can I find a good deal?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by StiffRide81, Sep 19, 2002.

1. StiffRide81

StiffRide81 Registered Member

OK... After this weekend I am going to have 4" suspension lift and 3" body lift with fender trim..
    Here is the problem.. I dont know what tires to go with. I am afraid that 35x12.5x15 MTR's are going to look to small. I was told not to go any taller without adding some thickness for stability. So I though maybe I should go with some Super Swamper Radial TSL's maybe 36x14.5x15. What do you guys think is going to look better. I am trying to make it look tuff... alot tougher than it does now!! I dont know what will look best. Also, I know where I can find a great deal on MT/R's but what about the TSL Radials... anybody know a great online place or local place with great prices on these tires?????? I really need your help, I want to order these tires this weekend!! Thanks.

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

The swampers will make it look the toughest. Try National Tire and Wheel.

Tires

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I have that exact same set up. 35x12.50's will look a bit small. I 'd run the 36x14.5's on 10" wheels if those were my options. I run 38x12.50's on 8" wheels so I don't rub. Soon, I'll have a 6" lift instead of the 4" and I'll run them on 10" wheels.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

36's /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've got a 6" suspension lift, and now want a 2" body lift. I know I'll end up trimming my finders if for no other reson then to get rid of the rust. I also want to go with 39.5 TSL's.

6. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Id go with the 36's.

7. StiffRide81

StiffRide81 Registered Member

Thats beautiful.. then I will go with the 36's... but what about where to get them???????????????????????????????
    They cost a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    I will go look on National Tire and Wheel right now.

8. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

MTR's are sweet on and off road. If you want to use them, just skip the body lift and only do suspension lift and fender trim. Beautiful.

If you have 7" of lift, go with 36's or 37's. Of course a 36" swamper is 2" taller than a 35" BFG. I'm not sure if MTR's are the same size or not.