Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's good luck??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jun 15, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

What\'s good luck??

I woke up this morning to the phone ringing. Thinking it was work, I let the machine get it. It was a guy from my favortie local wrecking yard.

"Hey Rb, it's Glenn. We picked up a pretty nice Blazer this week. Wanna come down and check it out? Give me a cal or come down."

I get down there, and see he's got a black (mine's black, too) '85 with brand spanking new BFG a/t 33's, 208, near new front shaft, new rear shaft, NEW Chevy 350, Hard top w/sliders, soft top and frame folded up in the bed, tube grill and NON-dented/dinged front clip! It had a bunch of other stuff I ned, too...

So I'm now the proud owner of a new soft top, Tuesday I'll have a new set of 33's (and 4 matching rims, since I trashed 1 of my nice set of 4). Next saturday, I'll have the new front clip and slider window top, front shaft, possibly the 208...

These guys are great friends, and I may be trading a computer for all this stuff...

This is two weeks after I destroyed 1 of my aluminum AR rims, my steering's wacked from having 3 different tire brands/sizes on my truck (and all being worn and dry-rotted), and various other stuff wrong that this parts truck will help with...

God's hookin' me up!! These guys haven't had a decent parts truck like this in years!! This one came in right when I needed it, and they called me and are holding everything on it for me!! Thoughts of selling mine were starting to drift in as I considered $700 in new tires and rims, and the recurring lifter noise reared it's ugly head again... We can't have two piece of crap cars on thier death bed...

Oh yeah, the owner dumped it because he brought it to a shop to have the rear u-joint changed (it was "making noise"), and as he drove it out of the shop, the rear blew... He just said screw it at that point...

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Re: What\'s good luck??

And to think I use to like you! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

That is a killer score! I wish the local yards would get some decent stuff in. And on the rare occasion they do they want an arm and a leg for it. Its not bad if I can talk to the owner (always got good deals thru him) but the guy he hired about 1 yr ago /forums/images/icons/mad.gif isnt even interested in selling older stuff. He rather crush it. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Damn!!!!! The parts spirits are looking upon you favorably!!! Here I was all proud that I picked up an extra TTB setup for the Bronco and a new door for the K5 at the boneyard for "only" $300, and you've got to let the wind out of my sails like that /forums/images/icons/confused.gif !!!

4. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Way to go ...Now can you send any of that luck this way ....mike /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

What is this 'good luck' you speak of /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

7. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

hmmmm wondering if I could get ahold of MRS. Newyorkin, explain to her that your really NOT in need of all these new parts, and get the name of the yard from her.... hmmmmmm thinking thinking, how can I get this from her....would she know.....did he erase the caller ID??...hmmmm thinking, NYC isn't that far from me.... hmmmmm can talk john into conn pizza we'd go right through that way.... hmmmm thinking newyorkin better call that place back, and have them be on the lookout for another owner of a Black 85 (i'd lie, an 86 is close enough) K5.....hmmm WATCH out newyorking lmfao! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif just kiddin!

Brandy

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Awright, you guys are making me feel bad, so I gotta come a little cleaner... I'm also setting up a web site for them and setting them up with a computer in the shop, a dial-up ISP account, and Ebay, all at my cost (even the domain name). Basically, I'm getting them on the web, and getting them into Ebaying parts.

But having this truck come in works out pretty darn good!!!!