Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats happening to my internet?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Jul 1, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

What the hecks happening to my internet? For a while it works fine, after a bit I click "submit reply" or go to the lounge from the garage. Mozilla will pop up a window that says the connection was refused? Whats happening?
    It happend 10 or so times last night. And once this morning so far. :confused:

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I'm getting the same thing, but my issue started after the last patch to IE6 a few weeks back. Tells me "No connection to the Internet is currently available"... but my cablemodem hasn't recycled at all. Strange Interweb stuff...

3. google

google 1/2 ton status

I get the same thing. I think it's the site. Working at Godaddy, I use different computers all the time, so I dn't think it's the computer.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Who's your IP??

I had no luck getting online yesterday and last night!--I have AOL,and I did a "computer check up" , and it came back as normal!--we did have a problem with our phone line a few days ago,but now the phones are OK...I cant seem to get it to "connect" properly,--I tried 22 times last night,and only once did it go thru and get online--at 2200bps !--and it was so slow it was useless!--usually I get 5066bps on my modem connection.--today it signed on first try,and has worked OK so far--..anyone else have AOL troubles the past few days???...or if my modem is croaking,how do it tell? --I dont have ANY money right now,so I'm praying it was a fluke in the phone lines!--I'll DIE without Ck5 and my other message boards!!.. :frown1:--like I dont have enough problems already.. :mad:

5. google

google 1/2 ton status

Not to sound like a dick, but first of all, lose AOL. That is your first problem. After that, you will have enough money in a month to buy two brand new modems and still pay for membership on another ISP. AOL slows you down dramaticly.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

good advice!

I have been tempted to dump AOL...there is not many "AOL Exclusive" features I cant live without..the weather live doppler radar is nice,other than that I think 23.95 a month for dial up access is robbery..I lose my connection at least once every time I'm online--you'll be "stuck" and the mouse wont work,next thing you know the "re-conneting" thing pops up!--and 99 times out of 100 I have to shut down and start over...I'd love to get a high speed connection so I can watch videos and do other stuff,but I dont think we can get it here thru our cable company--..have to look into it I guess..

Anyone else here on AOL and having a hard time with the computer??..I had relatively few problems until a few weeks ago..now it seem like I either get knocked offline or cant sign on at all sometimes!--how can I tell if it IS my modem crapping out,if its not AOL??...my phone lines are working OK as far as using the phone goes(i think the phone lines WERE down the other day,but are OK now)....anyone want to help a computer impaired member?? :rolleyes: :crazy: