Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats in a Z71 offroad package?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Feb 9, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

So whats up with these options as far as shocks or ride height or engine or what... What is the Z71 option and did they come on some Tahoe's as an option? I would have left this in the correct forum but there were to many tumble weeds and cob webs in there [​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

AFAIK it's better shocks (Bilsteins I think) and possibly a stiffer rate of torsion bar...and the cool stickers of course.[​IMG] I'm pretty sure ride height is the same as the non "Z-71" though.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I think it's shocks, Granade locker maybe better gears and a sticker.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

4. tRustyK5

LOL...I'm pretty sure over 80% of new GM trucks get the 'grenade locker'.

Rene

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

its SUPPOSE to have skid plates too... along with different shocks. the height is the SAME as the same truck in just plain jane 1500 style.... I don't recal EVER seeing a Z-71 blazer/yukon/tahoe package though... the stickers are cool UNTIL you wash it with a pressure washer- we did that with the '99, and ended up having to replace the stickers.

Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

The Z71 package wasn't avalible on Tahoes until 2001-ish with the new body-style.

<font color=white>.</font color=white>Eric
    <font color=white>.</font color=white>Twizted

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

They have skid plates, bilstein shocks, higher spring rate torsion bars, and sit 1" higher then a plane jane 4x4. oh yeah and those gotta have decals.
    If you plan to lift it don't bother with the option, cus you replace all the parts you just paid extra for.

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thanks guy's

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

9. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

hmmm wonder if mine didn't get the extra boost of testosterone- it didnt sit any higher than the one on the lot next to it, which was the same truck without the z-71 package....

Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

10. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I think they did make the k1500 blazer and yukon with the z71 package, or else my friend has a bastardized blazer sport with aftermarket z71 stickers. I have some pictures of another k1500 blazer/tahoe on my computer with z71 stickers. Neither of them that I am talking about have the pick up z71 stickers they are small ones in between the door and the back windows.

On another note. I know we had a '93 gmc z71 that set no higher than any others. We also had a '94 gmc suburban that DIDNT have z71 stickers but it had the skid/cover plates and everything the z71 packages had. We also had a '95 gmc suburban with the same stuff the z71 packages had but again with out the stickers. My ol man and I were talking about this the other day and he was telling me he didn't call it the z71 when he put the order in for it.

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.

11. tRustyK5

I'd suspect a lot of people buy the Z-71 stickers at the GM parts counter and just slap em on their trucks...I've seen em on 73-87 pick-ups a couple of times now.[​IMG]

Rene

12. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

A fellow I know traded in his truck at a dealership. The next day his truck was out on the lot with Z71 stickers on it.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

13. MRBIGBLOCK

MRBIGBLOCK 1/2 ton status

the yellow bistien shocks, skid plates, a z71 specific body bushings and sway bar bushings, torsion bars, stickers AND ABOUT $300.00 ADDED T0 THE PRICE STICKER.

one mans JUNK is another mans TREASURE i quess i will tell my wife a have alot of treasure sitting in the yard!!!!!!

14. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

They did make Z71 Blazers and Tahoes starting in 92 I think. I always thought they were just regualr Blazers and people put the stickers on there, but I looked on kbb.com, and sure enough there was a Z71 option on the Blazer/Tahoe ...almost lost some money on that one

90K5

15. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

You guys are forgetting about the aluminum wheels.
    Ben 87 Jimmy