Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats involved in putting a 2" body lift on a 93' Z71?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by MudFrog, Mar 28, 2002.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Whats involved in putting a 2\" body lift on a 93\' Z71?

My dad has a '93 Z71 and it's already been lifted a little bit (not really sure how or even if it is a true lift or just torsion bars, but it's deffinitely not a body lift), it runs 33x12.50 MT Baja HP's with just very minimum rub. He wants to install a 2" lift to give it a tad bit more height. Is there anything I shoiuld keep in mind while installing the body lift? Tips or tricks?

2. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

Re: Whats involved in putting a 2\" body lift on a 93\' Z71?

I installed one in my 89 GMC K1500 truck. It was pretty simple. All you have to do is take out the body mount bolts and jack the body high enough to slide the lift block in. You probably want to do one side of the cab at a time then one side of the box at a time. This will help keep everything lined up. If you loosen up everything at once the body can shift and it's a pain to line the bolt holes back up. I jacked mine up on the pinchwelds. make sure you put a block of wood between the pinchweld and the jack. The only other things are unbolting a brake line bracket on the driver side, welding the extension piece on for the shift linkage, and getting the steering column to extend. Make sure you keep the shift linkage rod lined up. You might have to torch the plastic pin in the steering column to get it to extend. The pin will be in the column part in the engine compartment. It is pretty easy to do. The whole job can be done in a few hours if you have the right tools.