Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats involved in removing a tbi

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by therover87, Mar 23, 2002.

1. therover87

therover87 1/2 ton status

i have an 87 k5 350 tbi and i want to change over to a carb and was wondering what exactly is involved, i know distributor, intake manifold, im just not sure about the wiring harness and anything else, anyone else done this before, thanks.

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Just outa curiosity, why do you wanna ditch theTBI? but ya, the intake, dist., probably yank a computer from a pre-87 K5 or Tuck and install it that way...

3. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

I would think you could just unplug the computer and the engine harness and just remove them. I think the gauges run off their own sensors. You'll need the coolant sensor on the cylinder head and the oil pressure switch for the m to work. Don't know about the voltmeter though. I think all the tbi sensors are bolted to the intake. Should be easy to remove. Just curious, why are you removing it? What are you doing with the parts?

4. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

that my friend would be a ROOKIE manuever...hehehheheh