Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's it worth? Complete 305 TBI motor.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by divorced, Aug 15, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I have a complete TBI 305 from an '89 C1500 that I was going to use in a project I'm working on. I may use a different engine now and sell this one, and I'm wondering what it may be worth?

It is complete from air cleaner to oil pan, including all accesories. I pulled the complete wiring harness also and it's still on the motor, and also have the computer. The block casting numbers indicate it is a 96-98 5.0 block and it has '89 5.0 heads. The truck I pulled it from has sat for a year or so and it will puff a little smoke when started, but none really after that. It runs real good and would smoke both 31's with 3.42 gears. The oil smelled a bit like gas, but may not have been changed for ??? thousand miles.

Just wondering what a fair price for the motor would be? If I may be able to get some decent coin from it I may consider selling it, otherwise I'll hang on to it and put it in storage.

Here are some pics in the "just pulled" condition:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

Just to make a guess beings nobody else has I would say maybe $300 to $500 to the right person.. I bet you could even part it out and get atleast that much..

[​IMG]

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll just stick it in storage, or maybe use it in a trade or something.