Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats it worth? (harley)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 90blzr, Nov 3, 2004.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I have a few pics and its gonna be sold soon. I know a few of you are into bikes/harleys. Wondering if you could give me an idea of what this is worth to sell. Been for sale locally, but no one serious latley. A few seem very intersted, but no takers. I dont know a whole lot about it(but can find out more) as it was given to me for some money owed.
    2001 special construction. Clear good title. I know alot of money has went into it. Has all new chrome/aluminum, bran new exhaust, lowered 2" I believe. gold leaf seperating the colors and the HD log is in gold leaf. Santee frame, Evo motor, etc. If anyone wants to pm me or help out, please do so. I am not really into these so I havent got alot of knowledge on them.
    Here are a few pictures. Its filthy in the pics, but everything shines and looks sweet when it it cleaned up. It was having the clutch cable changed out and I believe the clutch type changed over in the pics:
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/171149953/197254149vMFHtX

http://community.webshots.com/photo/171149953/197254161FJFUAR

http://community.webshots.com/photo/171149953/197254117iUdMmu

any help is appreciated.

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

just sell it to me, I will make payments /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

haha! I've gotten that alot from friends around here. I wouldnt mind, but I dont want a payment plan over the next 10 years /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

PM chevyracing about it, he is into the Harleys big time. I bet he could tell ya what it's worth.

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Bring it up here and trade it for the Blazer. I have one Harley, but I could always use another....

Seriously though, a special construction bike is hard to evaluate for value. It really isn't a Harley, it just looks like one. If you have an aftermarket frame, motor parts, etc. then you can't really use a Softail Classic or any other Harley as a basis for value. Your best chance is to pick up a Motorcycle Trader magazine and look for special construction bikes. Even then, at some point it had to be registered and the DMV then slaps a year on it, no matter how old or new the parts. Some aftermarket companies like Big Dog and others are special construction bikes, but they are produced in a quasi-factory and given a production year by the company. A special construction bike made in a garage is a bastard child.

Sell it to Kerry, he's going to have some free time on his hands....

6. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I trade you my 1-ton K5 for it, I am not joking either /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif. PM me if you might consider /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Krennen

7. Okiemuddog

oh, and I will even deliver the K5 too /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Yeah..me too /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. Okiemuddog

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah..me too

[/ QUOTE ]

Back off pal, I saw it first, get in line /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Well, not to split hairs here but...........
    Let me fix it for you /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Back off pal, I saw it second, get in line

[/ QUOTE ]

11. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

BWAHAHAHAHA /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

You know me, gotta get on the bandwagon /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

12. Okiemuddog

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif