Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's It Worth? Looking for quick reply please!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Polaris, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

What\'s It Worth? Looking for quick reply please!!

Yesterday I sold a scanner to a guy. He had a motorcycle on his check and we started talking Harleys. I told him the closest I'll get for a long time is a Blazer with the top off, because it seats 5 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif . He just called for help installing the scanner and mentioned thinking of a website for his business. Said I probably need money for the Blazer. Oh yeah, I said, I desperately need tire money before Labor Day Weekend's run. He said he bought a Blazer new in '72 and his son owns it now. He also bought a '73 which is sitting in his yard. He hasn't started it in 2 years and before that not for 8 years. The whole tailpan is shot. He wants to get rid of it. I'm going to look in a little while and will take digital pics but wonder, what would be a reasonable offer?? Oh how I want a full convertible!! We have parts galore. I could sell my '90 and if Trevor had $1000 he could buy his big block, and give me his built 350 :-).

Didn't mean to make this into a book. I'll anxiously await some replies!

Andrea

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: What\'s It Worth? Looking for quick reply please!!

Needing a complete tailpan...tells me it prolly needs floors and rocker boxes too to make solid. Sounds like a big project, not that there is anything wrong with that...but hard to put a number to without seeing a pic or 10.

Rene

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: What\'s It Worth? Looking for quick reply please!!

Sitting for 10 years is really bad. Good chance the motor and tranny need going through. With rust if the rest is in fair shape...$500 tops. If the tail pan is rotten I would really inspect the rocker boxes. Unlike your truck the full tops have a box under the front floor to add strength for the lack of top. VERY prone to rust. I had to cut my floor and rocker boxes completly out and replace them on my 75. at one point you could open the door and walk forward till your shins hit the frame....My truck was a southern truck with minimal salt exposure. I had to cut all the way to the tranny tunnel both sides before I got to solid metal. There are some picture of it cut apart in my communities link in the sig.