Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's it worth?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddermilitia, Mar 26, 2007.

1. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

There's a 1990 k-5 for sale by my house and I went to go look at it with a friend from work. It seems like a good truck but the owner is not sure how much he wants for it. My buddy gave the owner his # and the guy will call when he figures out how much he wants for it.

Specs:
    1990 K-5 Beige exterior/beige&brown interior
    350TBI with 191,000 miles
    SM465 Clutch was replaced once with a HD clutch
    NP241
    10-bolt front with ARB locker, 3.43 gear, Warn Premo hubs
    14-bolt ff with Govlock, 3.43 gear, currie bros. 6-lug semi float conversion. So the truck still has stock 6-lug wheels.
    Tom Woods long-slip driveshafts
    31" BFG all-terrains in decent shape some dry rot.
    The truck also has the ARB compressor (obviously) powermaster alternator. 4-core radiator, steering box brace.

The body is in rough shape. The rockers need to be replaced, some of the body mounts/bushings are shot. And there are holes starting in the floor. The interior is real nice. The dashpad looks perfect! no fading no cracks. This guy is the original owner and he owns property in colorado. Two weeks out of the year he would drive the truck from IL to colorado and he has wheeled the k-5 through most of the trails at Moab!

I will try and snap some pics after work today and post them tonight or tomarrow.

Let me know what you guys think this thing is worth. I'm trying to get my buddy to buy it (he wants a 4x4) but I might sell my current DD and buy this if the price is right.

Thanks, Ryan

2. iwaxmyjimmy

iwaxmyjimmy College web wheeler Premium Member

Dude sounds good to mean, throw some gears and a lift and some 37s and hed be set. As for the rockers just boat side it lol. Well honestly the list could go on but the drivetrain sounds right. It must have like 7 inches of clearance under the 14 bolt with 31s lol

3. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Yea if my buddy gets it I can sell him my old 4" lift springs, raised steer arm, longer brakelines, shocks, and my old 35s. Then all he would need is a shackle flip. If I get it I will probably throw all that stuff on it rather than selling those parts