Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats it worth

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Mar 28, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

have a few questions about value of good condition running parts. i may decide to part out my recently purchased 87' blazer. i may sell a fi 305, the tranny (700) the tcase, and the front and rear axels, (all stock parts). i plan on keeping the interior, top, and the front clip to possibley update my 79. the frame and remaining body may go to salvage yard. if i decide to go this route i want to ask fair prices, but at the same time make some money but move the stuff also. once this starts to go down, im in a neighborhood that does not like junk vehicles. any and all info is greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

is the body in good shape? I paid $400 for my "tub" off an '86, no dents, no rust. GOOD tubs are hard to find, and if yours is truly in great shape, it would be a very sad thing to scrap it.

It all really comes down to demand, and what you need to get out of it. If you need a lot of money, you will likely sit on the parts for a fair amount of time, if they aren't anything "special".

The 305 is maybe going to net you $300, and the FI stuff more on here if you can sell it absolutely complete, but that will mean the motor will no longer be complete, and it's harder to make money off of the motor once its in pieces, especially a 305.

What gear ratio are the axles? If they are 3.08's, you are going to have a hard time finding anyone that wants them, except maybe parts.

Just my take on it, but figure out how much you need to make from the leftover parts to break even on the acquisition cost, AFTER you take all your stuff, and you end up with free parts, minus the work and hassle you will undertake.

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

no it has rust issues. weird for the front fenders,-only where the emblems set. normal for the rest, above rear fenders, tailgate mount beam and rear floor area, "pockets" behind doors, and rocker panels. a few "soft spots in an area or two in the floor also. but over all, compared to the repair job i had done to my 79', pretty solid. thanks for your input, any more would also be appreciated.

4. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a tub. If it has less rust than mine I may be interested. Do you have any pictures of the floor and the rockers?

5. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

sorry dude, already sold it.