Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats it worth?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mikee, Sep 12, 2000.

1. Mikee

Mikee 1/2 ton status

This is something I do not want to do, but i have been accepted to a major school into an MBA program for the fall of 2001, and might have to sell my truck to come up with money for a car that I can drive cheap, and some bills. However i don't know what it is worth. OI am just rearing completion of the truck as we speak. it is a 1977 K5 all redone, frame up. 5in lift, 14FF posi, dana 44 frnt. 4.56 gears. 400SB(about 35K miles), 700R4 with shift kit, NP208, headers and dual 2.5in. flowmasters, procomp ES9000 shocks, steel braided brake lines, dual altenators, AC, tilt, cruise, tranny cooler, oil cooler, westin chrome nerf bars, power seats. The body is all new, every seal, every brake part, everything is pretty much new. All new black upholstry(1987 style, with 1991 Trans am power seats). It's painted Chevrolet IROC Blue, and has a cust cap that was smoothed out, and had a rear spoiler and 3rd brake light molded in(58 hrs of work at a custom car shop) This truck is absolutely immaculate. Still shinny underneath, never seen mud or even pavement yet! The only thing not done is it doesn't have tires and rims yet, well it has little old skinnys on it. this thing is beautiful, my dream truck, i can't even begin to fathom how much I have invested into it. It doesn't smoke, rattle, not a single leak or speck of rust. The paint has never even seen wax or a buffer, or even a wash yet, and it still looks like it is wet, and it's PPg 2 base coats, 6 clear. If I have to sell this thing, How much should I expect to get? I mean MINT! top and bottom! please help

"Got stuck once, hung up on top of a Jeep!"
    If it's a K5 I have the answer.

2. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo 1/2 ton status

Phoenix / Peoria ARIZONA. (75thAve/DeerValley)
    Damn, that sounds NICE!!! Do you have any Pics???

3. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

Mike your truck sounds really nice. I too went to college and then grad school, poor. I took out student loans from chemical bank, and applied for Pell and Tap grants from the gov. I had my GTO through it all and never considered selling it. You have to realize you will never get what you paid to have it "restored". Try to work through the finances without loosing your assets. And post some pics. PS. what school did you get into??

4. Mikee

Mikee 1/2 ton status

I know, I don't want to sell, I am going to try and work through it. I got accepted into the University of Connecticut's MBA(masters in buisness association) with a dual degree in engineering it is a rigorous course ranke in the 7 percentile nationwide. This is going to eat up time and a lot of CASH! Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. I'm buying a digital camera soon, and should have some pics out there soon as well. Thanks for the support guys. Just in case your wondering, I am purchasing a Subaru SVX to make the daily travel(60 mi one way) to school in New Englands snowy weather> It's a pretty sweet car too. I've sold all my other vehicles to cme up with cash for my Blazer, and the school I was attending previously leaving myself high and dry.

"Got stuck once, hung up on top of a Jeep!"
    If it's a K5 I have the answer.

5. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

I did my grad at columbia and Undergrad at UB. Post some pics when you can, I'm not too far, Long Island. I might be interested.....JS

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Wow, that K5 really does sound nice. I'd say...you can sell it to me for $1000[​IMG]! J/k. Anyways, it sounds like it is worth a lot, but like the dude said, you won't wont' get what you paid for it to restore it. All the sweat, blood and tears will go down the drains when you sell that thing. That's why I can't ever sell mine, b/c I know I'll lose out BIG time. Labor doesn't really count when you sell something. Parts count for something, but only like half. Anyways, my vote is to keep it, but I know what you're going through. I was going to go to MBA school this fall, but then priced it. Loyola (big time MBA school around here) wanted $28,000 or more, I forgot. And no grant or nothing, just loans. So, I opted to wait. That's me though. Good luck Mike.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]