Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats it worth?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mikee, Oct 11, 2000.

1. Mikee

Mikee 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking about going to a complete '91 body on my '77 because i don't like the nose or lack of rear leg space, in the meantime though, my '77 body is perfect, not a scratch ding, dent, or spec of rust. All primed ready to be painted. The only thing I don'y like about it is the body shop welded patches in the rear floor instead of replacing it. However, it wasn't bad anyhow. I'm talking new bedsides, rockers, doors, fenders, inner fenders on this thing. if I was to sell it, how much is a fair price. I got a complete '91 body for $1200 waiting, is that worth it, it includes tub, nose, t-gate, bumpers, power doors, everything, help me, how much does this stuff go for?, oh yeah, the '77 tub has been converted for A/C, and has all the cutouts for TBI harnesses.

"Got stuck once, hung up on top of a Jeep!"
    If it's a K5 I have the answer.

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

3. Mikee

Mikee 1/2 ton status

Well, I own an '87, a '90, and a '91, along with a '94 s10 with a TPI, and of course, my 1977. The reason I have is, that is my favorite of all of them. However, the body panels are aftermarket, and rear legroom is cramped, which bothers me! The frame is all redone, has a '96 corvette LT1, 4l60E, 14boltFF and Dana 60: 4:56 gears, 35" bfg KO's, and would be just mint with a '91 body, plus I can get the body at a deal, and I have a custom '91 nose that wont bolt to a '77 body, but will bolt to a '91, so that is why I want a different tub, I was asking a question, not asking to get drilled, but thats why, so if anyone knows how much it is worth, or wants to buy it let me know, if not, I am cutting up a perfect body and bringing it to the dump!!!! So there is my reasoning and thats my plan happy?

"Got stuck once, hung up on top of a Jeep!"
    If it's a K5 I have the answer.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Frame on a 77 is differnt than a 91. It will not bolt up. There is frame on the 77 where the foot wells are in the 91.
    You would be better off swapping your drive train into the 91. That will bolt on.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

5. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i think that your best bet would be to find another blazer that is rusted through, scrap the body, put your 77 on the chassis,paint it, cause after all you got all that brand new sheet metal in it for nothing, (maaco?)and sell it for about $5000.00!!! where i live in Pa. nice blazers are getting hard to come by and something with paint on it (blazer or not) brings a good penny. If you don't want to do that i'll give ya $500.00 for the body and split shipping with you. just a thought!

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

6. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Hey Mikee, if your driving, why are you worried about the rear leg room? Just tell your passengers to get in hang on and shut up.....seriously, the Grim-Reaper is right. There are some frame/body differences between the 77 and 91. By the time you have it all chopped and rewelded, you'll probably be back the the lack of leg room in the back again and out a ton-o-money. If the patch panels in your 77 were done right, there should be no problem with it now since it has no rust. I would imagine if you really want to sell it, the price that you are paying for the 91 tub would be a good starting point.

7. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I was just about to say the same as Grim and Wheels. The interior body style didn't change till 78'. So your 77' has a flat bed in the rear right. The 91' has a dip for where the seat goes and another dip for leg room for passengers. Your 77' frame will be in the way when trying to put the 91' body on. Unless you put like a 12" Body lift or something (which would be way rediculous) and probably still wouldn't work. Just letting you know (not drilling you) so you don't go through all the hassle and then figure out you goofed.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]