Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats it worth?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by brookers, Feb 21, 2003.

1. brookers

brookers Newbie

Hi Guys, I'm looking at a 77 Blazer with the 5.7L V8 and 3 speed auto. It's in reasonable condition, the rear window dosn't work and there is some rust in the body but the chassis is fine. Now the problem I'm in the UK and Blazers are not exactly common, there is no market to get an idea of value and it's a friend who is selling it and all he will say is "make me an offer" so I don't want to offer too little and don't want to offer too much! What would a vehicle like that be worth in the states? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

if its in good running condiion, been maintained and I really look for rust(it can really hide on a K5) I would say somewhere around $1500-2000. I would probably pay a little closer to 2k if it was in real good running condition and the tranny was good. Not an auto tranny fan so it has to be in top working order for me.

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Is it a 4x4? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

and how many miles?

5. brookers

brookers Newbie

Yeah it's an auto, not sure of the miles, less than a 100K I think. My friend who is selling it owns a garage and has fitted new suspension (standard height) rebuilt the transmission and ovehauled the top end of the engine so mehanialy it's 100%

I'm looking at it with the veiw to turn it in to a show truck, I already hve a Range Rover to offroad in and the Chevy is just to dam wide for the little lanes in England! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

A Chevy Blazer too wide? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Around here it could go for just about 3000$ US depending on where you find it a car lot will jack up the price ( As we all Know) And if you were to get it from the owner you mite get it for less, Maybe 2500 to 2000$ US
    But it's kinda hard to say for sure Rust is the big problem in most K5's, But the good thing is you can get most of the body panels to replace whats bad.
    The same goes for the Drive Train, For thats why I love Chevys damn near every year Small Block will bolt on try that with a ford you can't do it.
    Can you get some pic's of the Blazer your looking at? I'm sure we would like to see it.

OH and welcome to ColoradoK5

Eric

7. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

"77 Blazer with the 5.7L V8 and 3 speed auto. It's in reasonable condition, the rear window dosn't work and there is some rust"

i wouldnt pay more than 1000
    mabye 1200 cause rust = no show truck...not to mention hes your friend...

btw, if u get it watch for mini's...lil buggers get under your wheels and squish

8. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    lil buggers

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful here, This word doesn't translate well from here to over there /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif LOL