Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats my blazer worth and who wants to buy it?***update***

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by rjfguitar, Jul 4, 2004.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am considering selling my K5 blazer and would like to get an idea what it's worth and if anyone would be interested. Here are all the goodies....

85K5 silverado...
    manual windows and locks, power rear window, all silverado trim.
    Special Metallic forest green paint with white top and roof that was special order for the forest service(yes, it was a forest service truck) The paint is original but still sparkles fairly well. Body has a few dings here and there but is in decent shape.
    2 day old 3.5" fiberglass cowl hood that I just installed yesterday.
    New rear window with custom tint consisting of a chevy bowtie and flames on both sides of the bowtie flaming off.
    5% tint on the top sidewindows, 35% on the roll ups, new OEM windwhield with new black window stripping.
    Polished billet grille with a billet bowtie and new factory light bezels.
    [​IMG]

Interior is in fair to rough shape and is the only thing on this truck I haven't touched yet....Tan interior, both front seats are torn some, dash has a couple of cracks, carpet needs replacing, bedsides are in good shape along with the back seat.
    [​IMG]

Audio system...I have a higher end panisonic deck with all the fancy features, Arc audio CXL4500 amp that powers a pair of 5.25" JL audio speakers in front on custom mounted spots facing occupants and a pair of 6.5" JL audio speakers in the back under the ash trays in the bedsides. An Arc Audio CXL2500 powers (3) JL audio 10W3V2's in a custom sealed, down firing box, Audiobahn strike capaciter. About 1,500 crystal clear amps of high quality sound. Ungo alarm system with long range and remote start.
    [​IMG]

Engine- 406 small block with a comp cams 268H cam, 9.2:1 compression with a basically stock bottom end besides a melling high volume pump. Edelbrock performer intake and performer Q-jet Stock GM HEI dist with hi output coil, wires and plugs. Hooker long tube comp headers, dual 2.5" pipe, dual 40 series flowmasters, and dual 5" tips that dump behind the rear axle. All new power steering pump & lines, hi flow water pump, 100 Amp commercial large case GM altentor, and a fresh A/C system that gets nice and cold on R134A freeon.
    Brand new 4 core big block radiator with Flex a lite dual 13.5" fan setup that pulls 4600 CFM and has an A/C relay, manual switch and is 2 weeks old.
    The motor is not California smog legal at the moment. Engine and accessories have about 10K on them.
    [​IMG]

Tranny... Th700R-4 that has been gone through completely with all the HD parts that are available through aftermarket, shifts medium hard, runs cool, and has never had an issue since it's full rebuild. HD hi performance converter with billet center hub, extra clutch packs, "Beast" sun gear, modified valve body for more flow and firmer shifts. 30% larger rear plenetaries and sprags. Corvette servos. The lock up is currently not connected because I converted the truck over to a normal Q-jet and vaccuum advance dist instead of the CCC setup and the computer disconnected the lock up. I have the switch and relay to set the lock up manually but haven't done it yet. Tranny has about 10K on it.

Rebuilt 241 T case that doesn't leak a drop but does have a broken speedo cable, custom 4" tubed rear shaft with new 1350 1 ton u-joints, front shaft is stock but lengthened and has a sealed slip shaft with a rubber boot, new u joint.
    Shafts are about 2 months old. Rear 3/4 14BFF with 4.10's, new pinion bearings, decent govlok, and good 2.5" drums, chrome diff cover. Front 3/4 10B that looks like it was hardly ever in 4wd, decent brakes, Warn hubs, chrome cover, needs ball joints on one side. stainless lines front and back.
    [​IMG]
    (note in the picture the loose shock...the mount has been moved and the shock bolted back up)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Suspension 6" procomp lift with 4" lift blocks and a 2.5" addaleaf. 3" body and I figure it's about 10" of lift total because it is very tall, Just as tall as a friends K5 with 38's and a 6+3. 6 fresh shocks and a dual steering stabalizer.
    [​IMG]

Tires and wheels are 16.5x14" Weld super single Scorpio V's with the bullet full covers. 35x16x16.5 Super Swamper boggers with about %70 tread left.
    [​IMG]
    I am interested in knowing what it is worth and I am considering selling it. I can remove the tires and wheels and/or the stereo equipment if someone doesn't want them. I have $20K in reciepts that I have spent on this truck. Any q's just ask!
    [​IMG]

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Re: Whats my blazer worth and who wants to buy it?

rjfguitar,
    One thing I've noticed here(last couple of years) is that whenever some one sells there "baby", they hit sales ceiling regardless of "investment". I'd say the most people get is max $5k. Thats with Dana60 and the works.
    I think a challenge for you is that your in CA where blazers are a dime-a-dozen. Your truck is nice, but typically the people who want them are not willing to spend to cover the "investment" part, so I'll say you can problably get $4500-$5000 max.

Paul

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I concur..you'll never see anything close to 20K. Try it on Ebay

4. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Well, I dont know. My nephew just sold his 85 which only had good paint and interior with a 6" lift and was able to get $6500 (which is what he paid for it before putting an additional 7K into it) With the gas prices here in Cali, you might be hard pressed to get $10 even with your options. But its Cali..and you never know if some rich kid down the street (or some movie studio) will give you what you want /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

the BIG question is how much you would sell it for. Usually there is a driving factor such as you need the $$ or you want a different car/truck. This desire, and your time limit are what will drive your "rock bottom price". I'm sure you could get $8000 eventually, but the effort may take so long with ads, test drives, and you may not want to expend that much time and effort.

DON'T SELL IT. YOU'LL REGRET IT. Just save for a new toy and be done with it.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. rjfguitar

Well I would ask $10K for it, thats getting %50 of my money back. I have seen some K5's here in cali that are still half tons that are in good shape for 8k with no where near the mods I have. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I am just tired of messing with this one, I am having a hard time keeping it going everyday and I don't want a DD that I have to tinker with something every other day. I am not hard pressed for cash so I can wait and I think I might look for an 89'-91' blaze in great shape with (hopefully) the 6.2 with the optional banks turbo from the factory. Something that will be reliable, nice inside and out, get good mileage, and tows decent.

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

now, now bobby, why do you want to sell your truck?

8. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

HA PLEASE!!!!!!!!! I would pay a buck for that pavement pounder. Too much Bling. Why in the hell would anyone want a clean blazer? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9. K5MONSTERCHEV

No way man im just givin ya ha hard time! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifWHY WOULD YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR BLAZER!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think your blazer is one of the best looking ones ive seen, and I must say, I really like the paint! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif It does need interior work, but yeah, that seems to always come last. If I had money I would seriously consider snatchin it up from ya! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I havent seen your truck in person, but if I were you I would probably ask $12 or so. I have seen some really clean rigs, interior and all, in truck trader for $14 or so. I think the only thing that really sucks, is you could get a bunch more if it were a FIRST GEN! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif But hey, its still badass. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Have you thought about getting appraised? That would help ya out a lot.

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Better get another one then....... Ive been trying my best to find a SMOG SHOP hint hint....for bobby,and am running out of connections.......anyone who knows of a good smog shop if ya know what i mean ,PM me or bobby. Give me a call if ya want bobby.There has to be someone on the board who could help ya out with a decent smog shop /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Jake /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. K5MONSTERCHEV

PM sent

12. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Sell it local, your never going to get anywhere close to what you want on the net because people know to much. Sell it local and people will be so amazed at what you have done they will think it's the first time it's been done before.

I see bone stock K5's with 130k selling for around 4-5k here in town.

13. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Just a comment. I got $8200 for my TPI406 equipped one ton '79 K5. Point of reference for you. The guys on here likely won't pay what your truck is worth, put it in the Truck Trader in your area, get the 'run till sold option' and let it flow.

14. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dear blingmaster b,

please put down the crack pipe. and quit thinkin about gettin rid of the k5. thank you.

sincerely, your friend,
    Ryan

15. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I dont know what to think here...

seems you have this blazer, you like the motor but you want to keep up with the johnes's.?

I suppose a shiny superduty would make you happy /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

My 75 was very nice at one time, or another and I had a chance to sell it for 10K at that point I had just fiished it and had just over 20k into the resoration..

point is now you are already to in over your head..keep going /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Its like using a turn signal while running from the cops..just dont make no sence /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. around here, 5000-5500 range wouldnt seem to astronomical, much more than that, you're going to have to wait for the right buyer.

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I've seen rigs just like that one without all the lift and with street type tires, not Boggers go for up to $8000. Rust free and straight goes a long way in selling something in my opinion.

18. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Only here in the rust belt though. Out west clean rigs are a lot more common, they go for cheaper.

I think you could pull 10K out of it if you waited long enough, but i wouldnt expect any more than that.

19. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]

I think you could pull 10K out of it if you waited long enough, but i wouldnt expect any more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]I was figuring 10K too.

20. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Onething id have to say about you selling your k5 is..... [​IMG] [darn] THAT!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif