Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats my stock GVW and towing weight

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Nov 10, 2003.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Getting ready to order a custom chip and it wants my GVW and how much I will be towing. I have no idea on either. My door jamb sticker is missing. I need to know the gross vehicle weight of a 1987 reg cab 4x4 3/4ton. Also I need to know the max trailer towing capacity.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

only reason I can see that mattering is if a certain GVW doesn't require emissions or if there is some special transmission option for the higher GVW but I don't believe either likely apply here. Who said you needed this info?

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

my chip burner. I htink they need it so they have an idea about how much weight the engine is going to have to move, so whether to burn it to make it build hp high in the band or lower in the band. Anyone got a 3/4ton that still has the sticker?

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

GVWR of a 3/4 ton truck should be about 8,600 lbs. To get your GVW you'd have to weigh it.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hmm whatever if they want it I guess you have to give it to them, its a truck you pretty much always want bottom end power.