Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats needed to install 92-95 350

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lgk5, Oct 19, 2001.

1. lgk5

lgk5 1/2 ton status

i found a 92-94 350 from a capice fuel inj
    i killed my new 350 at about 2600 miles long story
    or just plain dumb
    whats needed to install this thanks for any info

2. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

Assuming you're installing this prospective new motor into your '83?

*Someone please fill in the blanks of the thing(s) I miss...

The engine (ha), computer, ENTIRE wiring harness and all associated sensors, not sure about any motor mount issues or tranny mating problems.

I'm sure I missed something...anyone else?

The learning curve is a toll road...ride with someone who has already paid!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://photos.yahoo.com/abshort1>My Naval Fleet</a>

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Howell TBI harness $325....Howell Two Pulse Speed Generator....$85....GM ECM (87-91 C/K R/V) #7747 with intact calpak and prom.....small cap electronic dist...if missing....the harness is supplied with your fuel pump relay....its up to you how you want to provide fuel....ie: factory intank pump from donor 87 up K5...with the fuel tank fill nozzle and hardware....or electric inline frame mount pump. I chose the Factory intank route...as a frame mount will suck air if off camber and the tank is low.

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The TBI stuff won't help...

The 93-up Caprice is an LT1 reverse-cooled engine with sequential multi-port injection. You will need to find LT1-specific items for it - 93-97 Camaro, Firebird, Caprice, Impala, and Corvette are the only possible donors. Interim design changes might narrow the donor list even further.

I'd suggest either finding a proper TBI 350 (with harness, ECM, accessories) or a plain old carb'ed 350 instead.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Good find. All you need is a good wiring harness (I used Painless Wiring), either an inline fuel pump (I use a Bosch Jaguar-spec pump), and the sensors and computer off that donor vehicle. This is NOT that big a deal anymore these days, lots of sources for info on these type of swaps.

www.jagsthatrun.com among others have good info and BOOKS to read for these type of swaps. Don't go to TBI, you already have the better of the two fuel injection factory systems with your Caprice stuff.........[​IMG], no flames TBI guys [​IMG].

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>