Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's that gun law website again?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thezentree, Nov 11, 2005.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I went through a license checkpoint on the way home from work earlier today with my Mini-14 on the back seat. I told the trooper it was there and that it was unloaded, and he asked me if I had a permit for it. I was like ".....I need a permit for a rifle?" He asked if the back door was unlocked, so I unlocked it, he opened it, took a glance at it, and said, "Oh, you're hunting. It's cool. Have a good evening" and walked off to the next car.

Did he think I was talking about a pistol, or was he worried about hi-cap magazines (it has a 10 rd in it right now)? I thought since the AWB was allowed to sunset, hi-cap magazines aren't restricted anymore, even in a post-ban weapon. Was I wrong in having an unloaded carbine on the back seat with a 10rd magazine and no proof of ownership on me (I keep it here at the house)?

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

You should hunt around your state website, that will be much more reliable than stuff floating around the web that may be outdated, etc.

But Packing.org is a pretty informative place to hang around.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

As I recall, NC has some pretty funky gun laws.

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Yea, packing.org is the one i was lookin for.

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I THINK it's pretty much universal that if the weapon has a detachable magazine, the magazine must be removed (even if empty) and stored separately from the weapon.
    I know in PA, the weapon must be in a part of the vehicle that is "inaccessible" to the driver, i.e. in the trunk, or the rear cargo area for K5/'Burb type vehicles; and must have a trigger lock on it. If the magazine is detachable, it must be removed and stored in a different location than the weapon. Ammo must also be in a different location than the weapon.

Might not be a bad idea to burn a copy of your proof of ownership to wallet-size and carry it with you...

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hahahahahahaha

I love SD

7. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

He probly didnt know what a Mini-14 is or was one of the LEOs that thinks they are the only ones who should have a gun. They aint all like that but they are out there. Thats why I never say up front if I have a gun in the truck. If they ask I wont lie about it but I will not volunteer that information. Proof of ownership was I sposed to keep all them papers :doah: