Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's that lump on my forehead?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Jan 6, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Jan 5, 2006 10:34 pm US/Pacific
    Man With BB In Forehead Didn't Know It Was There

(CBS 13) A man will undergo surgery Monday to remove something he didn't even know was lodged in his head - a bb.

It's been there since early December, but he didn't know it, until he saw it clear as can be in the x-rays.

“I was walking on Walerga going south," said Jaime Anunciacion, bb gun victim.

Jaime Anunciacion, literally, never knew what hit him. He was out walking his dogs December 9th, when he stopped to wait for a light at the intersection of Walerga and Keema Streets.

"Coming out of nowhere, there was this tremendous impact right on my forehead and I wasn't sure what it was," said Jaime.

Following the stinging sensation was a stream of blood. But when he looked around, all he saw were passing cars and figured it must have been a rock.

It wasn't until two and a half weeks later that Jaime decided to see a doctor about the unusual bump that remained.

"You can move it here and it moves back to it's original position," said Jaime.

X-rays were ordered and low and behold there, lodged in Jaime's head, was a bb!

"this is the side view and you can of course see it right there," said Dr. Janel Eatherton, M.D., Kaiser Roseville Medical Center. “He's very lucky, it didn't penetrate the skull and it didn't go in his eye which would have been horrific."

Because Jaime never saw who did it, there's little law enforcement can do. But they warn, even misuse of a bb gun can lead to serious charges.

"It could be assault with a deadly weapon, ultimately is what it could be because it could cause great bodily injury," said Sgt. R.L. Davis, Sacramento County Sheriff's dept.

Jaime, who will undergo surgery Monday to have the bb removed, now has some choice words for the culprit.

"I'd just say be careful, because what goes around comes around," said Jaime.

Jaime says he also felt a little sting on his behind, but being protected by heavy clothing, was never really injured there.

(© MMVI, CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.)[​IMG]

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

That's a pretty good shot for a BB gun.

Good thing it wasn't a pellet gun

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

"It could be assault with a deadly weapon"

What?

Maybe if you club someone to death with one.

4. gauder

gauder Banned

I think I would have just cut it out myself.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Damn straight! If I can see the wound, I fix it myself!

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Feel pretty good to pop it out like a pimple, I bet :laugh: ........................preferably in front of a video camera!!! :p:

7. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

:mad:pfff that aint nothing...take on in the side from about 10 feet away...there wasnt any trickle of blood try a freaking stream...it stained my good levis:mad: