Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what's the best 6" lift for my 86 K5???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 74K5Jay, Oct 27, 2000.

1. 74K5Jay

74K5Jay Registered Member

what\'s the best 6\" lift for my 86 K5???

I'm looking at lifts for my truck and there are so many which one is better and how do you tell?? i'm thinking of running 33's would that look too small? my rear fender wells are flat so i can't have a rear tire that goes up too far into the fender well.

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Re: what\'s the best 6\" lift for my 86 K5???

33s would look really small with a 6" lift. Usually with 33s you would go with a 2.5-4". I just put a 3" Tuff Country lift on mine and it seems like a really good kit. It rides well and I like it a lot. There are also a lot of other good kits.

90K5

3. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

Re: what\'s the best 6\" lift for my 86 K5???

Im also thinking of a 3-4" lift from TC. Did you get new springs all the way around? With a 3" lift did you need any new steering or drive drain mods? Hows the ride compared to stock? Did you use TC shocks? If so which model? Thanks

4. Re: what\'s the best 6\" lift for my 86 K5???

I have a 4" Rancho with blocks in back and Dick Cepek shocks riding on 33" BFG all terrains. It looks tough but rides like a horse carriage on a cobblestone road. (I've gotten used to it, though)