Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats the best axles i can get?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by deek, Jul 12, 2003.

1. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifwhile making a parts run for work I found a truck shop that has axles out the A$$, & just wanted to know what kind of set up I should put on my 73' blazer,, I had always planned on the 14 bolt in the back & the D60 up front, but I was just wondering if theres anything else that i should shoot for? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif this place has 100's & 100's of settups. (yeah this is how i looked /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif)

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I would also go Dana 60/14FF if you want to go all out see if they have some Rockwell 2.5 ton axles(Add Sinister Grin Here)

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Unimog Portal axles. See pics here .

4. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I 2nd that motion. AWESOME ground clearance. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you could put some 5tons in /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Unimog portals all the way... net you like 6" of lift too, i think.

7. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Or some of those Volvo portals. Either way, that is about as cool as it gets. Two cautions on 'mog axles, though:

-The gear ratio is super low with few options to get it up. Hard to drive on the street without an extra gearbox in the drivetrian:

-They don't take a normal driveshaft, so a lot of custom fabrication is needed.

The link above is to Ryeguy's Blazer, which just ran the Top Truck Challenge. I'm pretty sure that page describes how he overcame those obstacles.