Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats the best brand

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvymudin3388, Feb 14, 2006.

1. chvymudin3388

chvymudin3388 1/2 ton status

looking for a 6 inch lift i found out what i want to do and im set on it now i want a 6 inch lift with zero rate add a leafs all around with a one inch body lift and 37 ssr's and 16.5 rims then a 14 bff and a d60 up front now my question is whats the best lift i can get for the cheapest price spring all around with everything im gonna need? thanks

2. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

get a shackle flip for the rear (4" of lift) and then some 3inch bds or tuff country rear springs and 6" fronts

3. chvymudin3388

yea but then ill need brake line reloc. shocks etc. i also want go on road manners i dont do much off roadin not hardcore dont rockcrawl it i rockcrawl the old jeep j20 this a daily driver does see off road action though and the 14 bolt is for the burnouts and slidin around on the pavement that i occasionaly do

4. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Extended brake hoses that are 25 7/8" long will fit 10bolt from 89-2000 2wd chevy/gmc from right front but will work for both sides and can be modified to fit a D44.
    Part #'s:
    Napa - 38872
    Raybestos - 38872
    Auto Specialty - HB-86045
    Coni-Seal - BH-177767
    Carquest - SP8820

Rear extended brake hose Napa part #4138068

you dont even need the rear one, the front ones are like $20 or something

5. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

also get some gabriels shocks, do a search on them for part numbers. they are good are cheap

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So, you want to install a 6" lift, Dana-60 up front, and a 14-bolt in the rear, but you are concerned that you will have to buy shocks, and do some modifications to the brake lines? Are you sure you are ready for what you are going to get yourself into, if you install 1-ton running gear, and lift your truck 6"?

7. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Your worried about the price of springs, brake lines, and shocks, but you got a 60? You are gonna have a total of 7" of suspension right? You probably need to add in drivelines for at least the rear, and the front will probably need to be clearanced. Thats some more $$ I know you said you don't offroad much, but crossover might be an option for the steering. Not a neccesity, but it will have some good bumpsteer with that much lift and 37's. Crossover will fix that but thats more $$$. Not trying to trash on your plan. Lots of people run that much lift, but anything 6" or higher usually brings up more expenses. I was just simply pointing out that you are worried about spending $$$ on simple stuff that you have to buy no matter what. Piece together your own stuff instead of a kit. it's probably around the same price, but you'll get better stuff.:D Just my .02 though

8. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Man, you said it about that bump steer. I just installed a 6" lift on one of my trucks, and it has some pretty good bump steer sometimes. My stock drag link set up (even with all the steering correction components it has) is yanking the steering wheel, differential,and suspension all over the place...just like a pan-hard style sway bar. A drag link, which is parrallel to the suspension travel (as opposed to Horizontal), just flat out does not work with a truck that is lifted 6" or more. My next purchase is definitly going to be a cross-over system

9. chvymudin3388

i dont want to spend too much on the lift its self but i dont want to part it together cause i dont rust my self lol but when it comes to those axles is there nething ill need to change on the axle or truck for them to work right i defintaley want a full floater for the sliding around on pavement i dont want the axles to snap and then a tire fall off lol ive basicaly grwon up around fast cars big trucks and fast jetboats mechnics is in my blood lol

10. onetonbb74

onetonbb74 1/2 ton status

ditto that 1-TON

11. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

and just out of curiosity....why would you want 16.5 rims?

12. chvymudin3388

idk just do why?actually im not sure yet ne way im thinkn of 17's or 16's becuase of the beads onthe 16.5

13. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

thats why i asked, a 16 will clear the calipers on a 60, and 16.5's don't really like to hold on to the tires if they lose a little air pressure..
    i'd go 17 before i went 16.5...especially if they wern't beadlocked

14. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

dood, use some freakin periods!!! this isn't some sorta race...

why does everyone say, i want cheap for suspension?:confused:

your gonna have to do brake lines no matter what... and a flip out back will certainly ride better than all spring... gonna be lengthening driveshafts too...

15. chvymudin3388

front and rear will need to be lengthend for a 7 inch lift? and sorry bout no periods lol im not in school so i like to make sure i kno it lol and yes i miss spell alot i dont like to spell out the whole word

16. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Yes..definatly rear...might be able to squeek by on the front..

17. chvymudin3388

how much ?

18. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

i don't know, what size tires do you have, which t-case do you have, whats the total height...????????

thats not a question that can really be answered over the internet..each and every truck is different...i.e. my 35 inch tires might not be the save overal size as another guys 35 inch tires (just because they say 35, doesn't mean they are all the same size)

when you get your tires and lift on it, parked on level ground, with the driveshaft removed, measure from the output shaft on the tcase to the pinon on the axle..then take you d-shaft and measurement to the d-sahft shop and have them lengthen it