Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats the Best deal you've ever gotten on Ebay??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeremy_C, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I scored a Safari Land Theigh Rig for my glock off ebay for 10.00, cause he spelled it wrong. I spelled it wrong too, and got it cheap. They are around 100.00 new. :D

2. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

SWEET!!!

i got a set of roller rockers for 100 bucks brand new cause they were missing 1 bolt.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

10 DVD's for $0.01 with $1.29 for shipping.

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Slightly used SoftComm civillian aviation headset for $20 :)

5. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

complete tbi setup with new msd distributor, performer intake, new sensors, holley 670 tbi, computer and fuel lines....

all for 300 bucks

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

my buddy and i scored a "rust free" '72 Firebird Esprit from a guy in Phoenix, nearly complete, running and driving, only missing AC compressor and lines. $1200. have since gutted the interior for restoration, and found a rust hole. its smaller than a dime. :rolleyes:

Image032.jpg

7. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

thats awesome

8. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I remember when Ebay first started, when they were selling guns an stuff. You could find ANYTHING on there cheap. It was like a huge yard sale.

Now since its became so commercial, and so many people make a living off ebay its harder to find a GREAT deal, now its like walmart with a yard sale inside.

9. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Rust? It must not be originally from Phoenix, we don't know what rust is (only in pictures).. :p: :haha: :haha:

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Nine Inch N case packed with Richmond 4.88 gears and Mark Williams spool for $600 brand new.................

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Needs the twin scoop hood from a Formula Firebird.

12. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

650 worth of stuff new for 255 shipped to my door.

13. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH, I smell FORD. Best deal for me: Harmon Kardan AVR 25 stereo. NIB, to my door $119.95.

14. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I bought a grilled cheese sandwich with the image of the Virgin Mary on it for $55,000!!!!

No, wait that was someone else! :D

15. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

bought a 1977 j10 jeep chassis for $100 (only wanted the flattop knuckles), i sold the frame for $50 and the axles with 10 bolt knuckles for $50

bought a 2wd sm465 for $5

thats all i can think of for now, i know there were a couple more.

16. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

H2 wheels and tires, brand new mounted/balanced for $400 to my door.

17. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I bought a pocket watch that's about 100 years old. (the inner works are made in 1915, and the case was made in 1890). It was customary to buy a watch (works) and pick the case seperatly back in those days. Sometime when the works got damaged, or worn out, they simply bought a new watch works for the old case. Anyway, I got one that is nearly mint, from a coin collector who bought a batch of coins and found it in with them. I think I paid about 35 bucks shipped if memory serves me. It's worth much much more than that. The picture he had on ebay was out of fucus etc.. but he said he would return your money if you were not happy after receiving the watch.. so I figured it was worth a chance. Glad I did.

I got my Detroit Locker for my Dana 60 for 440.00 shipped, brand new.

I paid about 7 dollars for a tippling stick from the late 1890's as well. It still had the serving glass in the handle (the valuable part). A tippling stick is a cane that has a glass flask in the body of the cane, and a very small glass (sort of like a wine glass) in the handle when you unscrew it. I have seen them go for well over 100-150 bucks on ebay and other auctions. I know for a fact the seller didn't know what it was.. and that there was even a glass in the handle.

I've also gotten various other deals on tools etc on ebay.

18. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Got my wife for $25, but the seller wouldn't take her back so I gave him bad feedback.

Just kidding, I collect antique books, have gotten many good deals on there. Got a first edition "Postman Always Rings Twice" for $.50, probably worth $50.

Got an 1895 "Arabian Nights" in pretty good condition for a buck, who knows what it's worth.

**EDIT**

Just found a site, that "Postman" is more like $400, and a "To Kill A Mockingbird" (I got at a garage sale for $.75) is $400-$9,000 :eek1:

19. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

My wife and I were just tallking about that last night. I think the only way you can get a good deal now is if it is a local pickup only item that's near you.

That's kinda how I got my good ebay deal. My TH400 was shot and I was looking for a cheap replacement. A guy was selling one for local pickup only. I had the winning bid for $50 with 2 days left, then the guy withdrew it.

I contacted him through e-mail and asked what the deal was. He was afraid it wasn't going to sell high enough. Why didn't you put a damn reserve or minimum bid on it then you moron. I hate it when ebay sellers do that. They don't realize most of the action happens in the last 12 hours. I've had that happen to me twice.

Anyways I ended up buying it for $125. I threw it in, flushed it, and that was a few thousand miles ago. No problems and I'm getting much better mileage than I was with my old wore out tranny.

20. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

the hood is currently sitting in Midland Michigan. we're onto the "Formula 400" clone idea. another buddy has a '74 Formula 400 with a '73 clip on it. he thinks its the ****, but he bought it rather than built it. we're just gonna one-up him a lil bit. maybe not a Formula 400, but a Formula 350... with the 350 coming out of a '94 police car (hint, its not TBI :D ) but then we've still got the extra Pontiac 400 sitting in the garage too. :whistle: