Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats the best seatbelt setup??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pilgrim, Jul 8, 2002.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

I want to run a nice 4 or 5 point harness, i think. On my almost daily driver, i don't care if its hard put on. Whats a good brand? Also i'am thinking on removing those nice captains chairs and putting in a bench seat out of of late model whatever, i took out all the back seats and would at least like to carry three people legally... Do you think i can get those kinds of belts to work with a bench seat? thanks.....

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

The only crappy thing about harnessess in a street vehicle is 1. they're not DOT legal for some reason, so you'll prolly catch hell from cops about it(If they know the diff, that is) and 2. they don't retract so if you need to lean over just a little bit you'll have to unbuckle the belts which can be a pain-in-the-ass.........food for thought.....

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I run the 5point 3" RCI's in mine and I like Em.

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Problem with retracts is the choke the @%$#% out of you on the trail. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I'm going to 4 point harnesses in the 2 main positions, 3 point in the secondaries. No need for submarine for what we do, and even when people have them, they never use them...

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

What Shelby did on some of his early Mustangs was put a retractor on the Y shoulder harness. That setup wasn't too bad. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif