Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats the best windsheild wipers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Aug 20, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I've had two sets of anco's, a set of refills and a couple $2 no namers in the past 12-18 months!

Tried some triple edge, snow blades, anco yellow box, anco snow blades, /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

They all rip apart. The squeeges rip off of the arm or they split and streak really bad. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

anyone know of some good ones?

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I just got a set made by rain-x. Haven't had them too long but they work really well and seem to be high quality. Other than that, you might want to search for some silicone impregnated blades. I've heard they last a long time and work much better than any rubber blades will. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. TruckNutzDude

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I like the anco yellow box myself. Wipers are not designed to last forever. I replace mine twice a year.

I will not use trico wipers. They're the worst on the market in my opinion.

I never buy refills either.

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I wish it would rain here. The only time I use my wipers is when I drive into a canal to find mud or go to the carwash /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. jjlaughner

7. BlackDog714

BlackDog714 1/2 ton status

BOSCH MicroEdge... Best wiper blades on the market.

8. jjlaughner

I looked at those but they only had 1 in 17" maybe I'll go back over monday and see if they restocked /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. txfireman110

txfireman110 1/2 ton status

They aren't the coolest looking things in the world, but I use the cheapo dual blade things. They work well for mud and such.

10. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'll second the Bosch Microedge

John

11. TruckNutzDude

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Here's a link for you... these wipers work EXTREMELY well!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif they better work great!

[/ QUOTE ]

They do, they also last a lot longer. A friend of mine has been running them for 2 years and they work just as well as when they were new. I'm waiting for the wipers I have now (that came on my truck) to stop working and then I'm buying a set of the silblades. I can get them for about $15 a piece from the local 4x4 shop. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

It used to be Anco or Trico that were the best,but like everything else lately,they are made in "hencho en mexico" and they both suck--I have tried the triple edge ones from the dime store,they work good for a day or two,then start chattering like hell--they do last a long time though,but I bet they shorten the life of the wiper motor--I cant afford to spend 20+ bucks for each blade,so it looks like the dreaded"Roberk" or "Tridon"brand cheapies will be on my vehicles for awhile longer,its been raining better than half the days here so for this summer--I feel cheated,havent had a cookout or anything yet,its been pretty cool here too,only had about a week of fairly hot days so far, and its getting dark earlier already! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    How many of you guys leave the old wiper blades under the seat for spares,or use them on the INSIDE of the windsheild more than the outside,like I often have too--we get a lot of fog and condensation around here--I leave one in the bathroom to squeegee the mirror off after a shower too. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

13. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

damn, i been looking for sum good wipers too! hope autozone has those. lol. o or i guess i could order them from the site. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif