Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats the big deal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by surpip, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

with asking for parts in the garage
    it is a huge fourm, getts the most views by far, and helps people find stuff much faster then the parts wanted section

as far as selling stuff ya i can see that, because it benifits people who havent paid for the membership. But asking for help finding parts in a free fourm benefits everyone, helps members sell stuff, and it might help a non member to sell somthing , thereby giving them enough money to buy a membership :D

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

wow 29 views and no opions

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I don't understand the problem. If you are not supposed to do that then don't do it. Where did the first post come from???

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

you make a valid point...

the only thing i would say is, the garage is already flooded with WAY too much bs already.. seriously.. i get annoyed when non-members are posting stuff in there that belongs in other forums... there's enough of just general mechanics in there already..

it also takes away an incentive for registered users to pay up...

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i argee with you to some poin there is and pretty much has been sence i got here, allot of useless crap in here

what incentive is it that it takes away? just the ability to use the parts wanted section?

6. ryoken

yeah... i know its not much, but i feel like non-members need all the incentive they can get to pay up... really show their support for the site... the advantages for membership should far outweight registered user...

it seems the biggest incentive since the swapover to the new forum has been not being able to see pics... :rolleyes:

i understand what your saying.. its hard to post stuff in the correct forum when ya know the garage gets 100x the traffic.. :doah:

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

rules are hear to help use all. so with that said please fallow them to set a good example to all who are hear and also come to check use out . :deal:

also ads in the paper/swap sheets/and other places will cost more than 25 bucks after 2-3 runs. best part is we all do think and run the stuff we seel/buy/want. best place to be if you ask me.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  8. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

the membership is so cheap i dont see why people cant fork up the money. im 18, fulltime college student, parttime worker, and building a rig... i managed to pay up, i dont see why others cant if they want to use the other features.

9. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's the same amount as a subscription to a 4X4 mag.........................and a 'ell of alot better!!!

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

thats not the point i am trying to make
    ryoken got it
    my point is i would like to post when i need something in the garage so every one sees it

11. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

well i would like to beat the crap out of stupid people but i can do that either.

12. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

I won't pay for membership because I dish out more tech than I take in return. That's my contribution.

As far as not being able to view attachments.... that's only a loss for the person posting. Now less people will see the pics, and less people will reply. Paying more.... for less... :thinking:

If I need services this site won't offer for free, I post elsewhere. ;)

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Feel free to post it...but don't be surprised when I or someone else move it to where it belongs. The thing is as a member you have been provided a place to ask for parts wanted. If members were allowed to post parts wanted in the garage, then it'd be one hell of a lot harder to stop unpaid users from doing the same.

Local and vehicle specific forums (also member territory) often get parts wanted and for sale in them...which is OK. Often parts are too large to ship so it only makes sense to advertise them in the regional forums.

Lastly, those are the site rules...rules which you agreed to abide by when you joined up.

Rene

14. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i would like to park my truck in the middle of a busy highway with a for sale sign in it, so everyone sees it. good idea to get the exposure, but can you imagine the traffic jam that would cause? :doah:

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

well post up some tech to pay for site maintnance. if you want to play, you have to pay. nothing in this world is free.

16. ryoken

thats bs anyway.... heck, 99% of my posts are doling out tech advice and i'm not looking for something in return...

keeping "score" on tech given and taken... thats freakin lame.... :mad: just a justification for being cheap...

17. tRustyK5

Agreed.

Rene

18. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

19. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

not trying to be a dick, just having a debate
    rules:
    Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of CK5 Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of CK5 Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of CK5 Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
    no where in the does it say not to post parts wanted in the garage,
    also stickey at the top of the page:
    Welcome To ColoradoK5.com's Garage forum

If you are visiting for the first time and a Non-Member please post all general tech questions here, it is a fast moving forum so please check back often to read the answers that others are sure to leave.

If you are an official CK5 Member you will have the added benefit of posting questions in category specific forums which is highly recommended, this will allow other Members including yourself to easily find and answer your questions quickly.

Not sure where to begin, the best place to start would be with the Search Link. Your question has probably been answered many times and is just a few clicks away.... Honest.

Thanks for following these few simple guidelines, with everyone’s cooperation CK5 will continue to be the most comprehensive GM resource on the net.
    dosent say in here eaither

20. tRustyK5

As long as we have specific forums, you're required to use them 'on topic'. If it doesn't fall within the forum charter it's the moderator's job to move the thread to the appropriate forum. Grey areas and judgement calls are also the moderator's job and I can tell you we all try to be as fair and impartial as humanly possible.

Steve created the For Sale and Parts Wanted forums for a reason, and neither type of thread or post falls into the Garage's charter.

I do not see any purpose to leaving this thread open any longer. The forum charter is not up for debate and I believe that the issues have been adressed. If you disagree feel free to send me a private message.

Rene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.