Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats The Biggest Rim/tire???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shadow_Killa, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Shadow_Killa

Shadow_Killa Registered Member

97' CHEVY S10 PICKUP...2WD...4.3L V6...AUTOMATIC

Installing a 3" Pro Comp Susp Lift and a 2" Perf. Acc. Body Lift!!!

What is the largest rim/tire that I could get underneath, without trimming fenders and major rubbing???

THANKS GUYS!!!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005
  2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Why are you lifting a 2WD and why are you talking in bold to us?

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

He's just goin for looks. He already stated that he was embarrassed to ask in a previous post. 33x10.50's or 33x12.50's is probably your answer.

4. Shadow_Killa

Pretty much like "mikey_d05" i am going for looks but also just something to play around with!!! I was thinking about buying a new truck, but i am a fulltime college student and didnt want to have that note and increase in insurance!!! I owe nothing on my truck and this was the best way I figured to give me a new look without the new NOTE!!!

Sorry about the bold on that last post, it has been adjusted!!!

So 33 x 10.50 x 15s....thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure!!!

Thanks for the input guys. "Greg72", hope I didnt offend you with my bold text!

5. s10's are crap unless pro street with a raunchy v8 in there

6. Shadow_Killa

Thanks for the intelligent words "fordslayer383" especially since you failed to even answer any of my questions!!! I may be ignorant when it comes to lift kits, rims/tire fittings...but the ignorance that you have just displayed is unsurpassed!!! (unsurpassed = can not be outdone)

Thanks for entertaining us all!!! Next time try to be a little more constructive with your comments!!! I wont be offended that you are a FORD man and that you dislike CHEVY, but try to be a little more helpful to the question next time!!!

THANKS!!!!

EXAMPLE of constructive help!!! (made up)
    It has been my experience that Chevys tend to have major suspension issues with breakdowns and such...however, if u already got your mind set on doing this I would suggest a rim/tire fit of no larger than 33x10.5x15 on a 15x8 rim!!! Good Luck with that...if u decide to go with a real truck (FORD) let me know!!!! hahaha

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My friend has an S10 with 3" of susp. lift and we just put fiberglass fenders on it. He's running 31xsomethings now but I think he was testing out a bigger combo today. I'll talk to him tomorrow and let you know.

EDIT: I run 33x12.50's on my DD which is a '93 fullsize with a 4" lift. So....I doubt you could get a way with a tire that size on an S-10 with only 1 more inch of lift. 33x10.50 is probably the largest you can run. Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier.

8. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

don't know about the 12.50's but 33x10.50's sounds about right.