Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats the Craziest thing you've ever seen out wheelin?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jeremy_C, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Whats the Craziest thing you\'ve ever seen out wheelin?

Well? What have ya seen that made ya go, WTF?????!!!??? Or just neat stuff you've found out in the back woods.

On another forum I used to visit, this discussion has been going on for 3 or 4 years. Everything from dead bodies to old military jets. Good stuff.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Re: Whats the Craziest thing you\'ve ever seen out wheelin?

I saw a guy drive a truck strait into a deep river channel. Didnt know what he was doing. The truck floated long enough to turn around and point back at the bank. Than it sank. The roof was about 2" out of the water. I had just put away the video camera. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Well? What have ya seen that made ya go, WTF?????!!!???

[/ QUOTE ]
    Would you like a list /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif?
    <font color="red">refrigerators
    couches
    recliners
    freezers
    tv's
    vcr's
    cars mangled beyond recognition
    bags of garbage
    rolls of carpeting
    car parts like;
    tires
    wheels
    bumpers
    axles
    fenders
    doors
    mufflers
    seats </font color>
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    These are the kinds of things that I see that make me think "WTF!?!?!", and I see them way to often out on the trails /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif!

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

2 burned up cars flipped over on their roofs, IN THE MIDDLE OF A RIVER, on a shallow sand bar.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah the trash is a biggie. We just had a MAJOR clean up of some trials around here. Pulled out two VW bugs and filled a LARGE dumptruck.
    Jackoff that can't get out a tree saver and will wrap a cable around a tree. It ultimatly ends up killing the tree. It has happend so much at Slick rock that there is almost no decent winch points left. THe one tree in a good spot has been ringed numorous times and is probably already dead.
    UNSAFE RIGS. one of the CK5 runs we did we got behind this group of idiots coming up slickrock. I don't know if it was the gallon of oil they dumped out of a rail with no valve cover, the 5 or so gallons of gas out of this absolute POS hybrid or the winch bumper made out of 1x2 inch scrap that worried me more.

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

A waterfall that was falling UP! A few years ago I was on a trip in Moab when it started pouring the rain. Since everythiing is rock around there, the water can't soak in, so streams pop up everywhere nearly instantly. As we approached a cliff that had one of those 1,000 foot drop-offs, there was a stream flowing right off the side of the cliff. However, the wind was blowing straight at the cliff, blowing the water back up into the air 20-30 feet. It was a truly awesome sight! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

As for trash on the trails, I think that littering should be a capital punishment offense. If you don't have any more respect for the planet than that, then you shouldn't be allowed to live on it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I'm figuring that after one or two very public executions, littering would be a thing of the past. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif There just isn't ANY good excuse for littering.

7. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

How about a '65 VW beetle on 44's! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Mike

8. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Purple El-Camino with a solid front axle, working 4x4, and 44" Boggers at Silver Lake sand dunes in Michigan. Better yet, a girl was driving it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

while out wheelin in the woods of maine with some friends back in high school, we came into a sand pit type of area. it had 10-12 foot tall banks all around it, and a tree line behind that. there were 4 vehicals with us, a 78 cj with a lot of lift and a 327, a stock cherokee, a stock ranger, my 76 dodge w200 no lift and dana 60's front and rear, and the darwin truck of the month; a 86 short bed chevy with 8"s of lift and 38's. all of us decided to drive up the banks and park on top for a pic, all of us except the guy in the chevy. we all drive up and park on top, he got a running head start, and figured hed get some air. BOY did he get air, it turns out to his and our suprise that the "bank" we were all on was just one giant continous pile of dirt around this open area. the bank had the same angle on the other side as the one we just climbed. he cleared the flat part we were all parked on and landed in the trees about 20 or so feet past us and about 10 feet below us. thankfully no one was injured, and the truck took it pretty well with the exception of the grille and a dented up hood.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

- a guy started shooting a shotgun at a homemade cop shaped silouette in the middle of where the group was parked,
    he topped that when he started shooting at a helicopter that was going upriver quite low.

- on a different day our shotgunner was stuck and his buddy was 'helping' him. the Warn 10000 had already sucked his battery dry earlier. so hook up the rope to the right corner of the winch bumper and drive backwards as fast as possible to end of rope, the 95 F350 came fully off the ground and jarred sideways from the impact about 20 times. funny that the 60 broke a shaft.

- towards the end of the day the group had collected on a small rise in a loose circle with kids, dogs, and wives mingling and partying in the centre. an old ford came full speed up the rise and jumped through the truck width space between my truck and the next into the crowd, miraculously no one was hit as they scattered on hearing the open exhaust coming

- watched a guy run over his own dog in a shallow mud pit

those were all followed by a 'We are going home NOW' by my wife

11. GMslave

GMslave 1/2 ton status

I had to think about this, but here goes. We came across this IDIOT in a bone stock Mazda(?) sitting in the middle of a hole that i know for a fact had been hogged out by 44's. BTW, he only had the truck for a week. Here's the good part, it was like February. He had gone across the ice, which had uptil then supported his light weight ass, but was now completely surrounded in it, up to the middle of the box. Not only that, but he had gotten out to survey the damage and try to walk to get help, but didn't bother to take his coat when he left the house (with his kids) to go trail ride in his new truck. So here he was, soaked, in February in Michigan, stuck. I've never seen anybody so scared in my entire life. I'm amazed he didn't die out there.

12. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

A Ford Fiesta body on a blazer frame with 500ci caddy motor and looked like 36" tires /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The funny part was that the driver looked like he was 400lbs, you would think he'd pick something with more room /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

A Ford Fiesta body on a blazer frame with 500ci caddy motor and looked like 36" tires /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The funny part was that the driver looked like he was 400lbs, you would think he'd pick something with more room /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

A guy at Hollister Hills with his son strapped into a seat that he rigged to sit out in front of his Chevy Truck. The racing seat was mounted to his bumper...and he was not afraid to go through any obstacles, except for the mud pit!!!! It was funny as hell. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Russ Hogan's 4WS, unimog axle crawlin, jeep lookin body with a mazda rotary engine that puffed white smoke when he had it on a vertical incline. The guys that were at the Disney run with Fourwheeler coverage know what I'm talkin about /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

bone stock 1988 plymouth grand voyager. i always see those cawnfangled jeep contraptions on the rail, and i say, who wants one of tose? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

17. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I agree with Jeff, litterers (especially on trails and in natural areas) should go straight to H3LL!

18. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

The most confusing thing was about 10 miles into the woods on a trail that has been accessible to only 4x4s with at least 35" rubber on them for at least 20 yrs, we came across a 1980 Monte Carlo 2dr, 6 cyl, stock p205/75r14 tires on it, NO damage, other than the usual bullet holes, broken glass and rust! Beats me how he got there....

Mike.

19. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

This is either the craziest or the coolest but there were 4 fairly good looking chicks fighting in a mud hole over who got to put the strap on a stuck jeep. Best part was we talked the jeeps owner into dropping the clutch at 4 grand he shot right out of the hole. the girls were drunk enough they just kept wrestling in the mud did not notice the jeep was out for 5 minutes.

20. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

refriderator, full size copy machine, sewing machine, large amounts of tires, trans fluid and rubber lines on the ground /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, broken winch cables, broken extension cords, car tires on rims but badly worn. truck trailers, like FULL SIZE 40 footers, a little memorial sight, said died here, and said someones name and lived from 1978-2002 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, i put some flowers there myself for him.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif