Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats the deal with all the negativity in the Pitbull tires thread?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TrcksR4ME, Dec 1, 2004.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Started with Tim, and now others are jumping on board. Personally I think its cool to have a manufacturer on the site listening to peoples imput on the new tire they are making.

I think its also good for Steve to be getting vendors onto the site and people need to STFU on those threads if they are just there to cause trouble. If you are a customer with a gripe, fine, but if you just want to spew your opinion why not just move on and keep your trap closed? How many potential vendors might see stuff like that and decide they don't want to bother with this site?

2. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

it looks like to me too that some only read the last post and reply to it and dont read the begining to see what started it all and the threads start to drift towards the ruts.

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Does anybody have any real serious intel on these new tires other than speculation? I have to admit it kind of surprised me as well that folks could jump one way or the other so soon when they are something new on the market. Sometimes a new item is the greatest thing since sliced bread and ribbed condoms, other times it goes over like a turd in a punchbowl. Either way, it usually takes some time for a definitive judgement to be made. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

I would like to be the first to say is they need to spot some of us a couple sets of tires so we can run them and then give feedback to the other CK5er's /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    I will volunteer to be their east coast rep. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would like to be the first to say is they need to spot some of us a couple sets of tires so we can run them and then give feedback to the other CK5er's
    I will volunteer to be their east coast rep.

[/ QUOTE ] what he said! so can a up and coming tire company supply a few sets of tires to the #1 4x4 site on the net? maybe to steve,marv, stephen to mention a few. some real hands on ck5 feedback could sell lots of tires? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    what he said! so can a up and coming tire company supply a few sets of tires to the #1 4x4 site on the net?

[/ QUOTE ]

at the rate we're goin, you're talkin about classicbroncos.com

VOTE FAWKERS!

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I volunteer to be the west coast tester... throw them on the truggy and put them to some real torture... let my wife drive with them on!

8. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

broncos bah! bah! vote! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Started with Tim,

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sounds normal /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    [ QUOTE ]
    and now others are jumping on board.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sounds normal /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    I think its also good for Steve to be getting vendors onto the site and people need to STFU on those threads if they are just there to cause trouble. If you are a customer with a gripe, fine, but if you just want to spew your opinion why not just move on and keep your trap closed? How many potential vendors might see stuff like that and decide they don't want to bother with this site?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I agree about Steve getting venders on the site. It's a good thing. People need to think befor they open their traps. Pretty much all the Venders are more than likely gonna give out CK5 Member discounts (all the more reason for a CK5 membership) so when people talk sh!t to the Venders it hurts us all in the pocket books.

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anybody have any real serious intel on these new tires other than speculation? I have to admit it kind of surprised me as well that folks could jump one way or the other so soon when they are something new on the market. Sometimes a new item is the greatest thing since sliced bread and ribbed condoms, other times it goes over like a turd in a punchbowl. Either way, it usually takes some time for a definitive judgement to be made. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY MY POINT! nobody has any REAL input on these tire, and yet he's making them out to be the biggest baddest newest thing on the market. so one guy wins a comp on their tires, i'm sure somebody somewhere has won some sort of competition on Sears Trailhandler tires. that person got lucky, but the fact remains that Trailhandlers are crap. same may be the case with these tires, just someone got lucky with them. like i said in the other post, how about some real world testing by someone we know and TRUST, not just some vendor who pays $100 to feed us some crap about his product and why it is best.

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yet he's making them out to be the biggest baddest newest thing on the market.

[/ QUOTE ]
    So whats the guy supposed to do tell everyone their sh!t and they suck /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

12. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and yet he's making them out to be the biggest baddest newest thing on the market.

[/ QUOTE ]
    el diablo is not doing that, he said to watch them perform and YOU deside if YOU want them or not. i think he is just confident that alot of people will buy them after see them perform.

13. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I think you need to read the whole thread again because you are WAY off base with your perception of how eldiablo is presenting his product.

14. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY MY POINT! nobody has any REAL input on these tire, and yet he's making them out to be the biggest baddest newest thing on the market. so one guy wins a comp on their tires, i'm sure somebody somewhere has won some sort of competition on Sears Trailhandler tires. that person got lucky, but the fact remains that Trailhandlers are crap. same may be the case with these tires, just someone got lucky with them. like i said in the other post, how about some real world testing by someone we know and TRUST, not just some vendor who pays $100 to feed us some crap about his product and why it is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

el diablo has seen his tires perform, you have not. He said that they perform well. That is his opinion. After others have tested his tires there will be many more "real world" opinions. The majority of these opinions can help us decide if they are good tires or not. Until then why don't you just STFU and let the man have a chance. He said he didn't want to deal with Tim. So what! I wouldn't want to deal with Tim either! HE'S AN ASSHAT!!! Get your head out of Tim's ass and STFU!

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Correction. He never said that he didn't want to deal with me at any time. I told him that I am not interested in selling his product due to his shady business practices. It was my decision. Not his. That is all I will add.

16. eldiablo

eldiablo Registered Member

correction

Jp magazine has released their tire test findings our our 35x1450-15 Rocker.

All I've ever done from day one was post information on this site as I received it. And all I've ever said was that no one should buy our tires until the've been proven.

As for comments made about our business practices, etc. We are not a new company, although our Pit Bull division will be eleven years old this year. Our parent company is over 60 years old and is a well-respected wholesale tire company. Sometimes people just don't want to do business with other people...simply because they don't like how they behave.