Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's the deal with BOSCH O2 sensors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88-383, May 1, 2006.

1. 88-383

88-383 1/2 ton status

I seem to recall reading that the Bosch o2 doesn't work in our trucks. Is there some issue using these? AutoZone tried to sell me one the other day.

Thanks

Kelvin

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I dont know about earlier TBI but I have all 4 on my Vortec 4.3 in my 96 and never had a problem

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

There have been more than just a few cases of Bosch (at least single wire) O2 sensors being junk. Odd, Bosch isn't some hack company, but it isn't just one or two problems that have been experienced. Do a search on thirdgen, plenty about them over there. (as an edit, I've got two stock GM MAF's, both Bosch, both '80's, and both are still perfectly fine. It seems to be JUST the O2 sensors they have problems with)

I can't comment on my Bosch, bought it for my car, ended up throwing it on the truck, but it needs a heated one, rarely goes closed loop.

Just like the ignition modules, this is one of the pieces to pony up and pay real money for the Delcos. (at least until their quality drops too)

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I bought one after failing inspection, ($30) bought the Bosch O2 ($45?) went back, failed again...scanned ($70)...flat lined O2...bought AC Delco ($45)...reinspected ($30)...good to go....89 K5 w/ new plugs, wires,etc.....Bosch owes me about $150....I won't buy Bosch anything