Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats the deal with TV reception??????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, May 27, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Why is it when there is anything red on the screen it is filled with white static, does this make sense.... We just got a big screen and it's even worse because everything's huge, it only happens with TV signals.I was wonderind if I get digital cable if it would fix the problem, anyone have any ideas?/forums/images/icons/mad.gif

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Are you using the tv antenna now or do you have cable ...(not digital)
    If its the rabbit ears then that is from the electrical lines and all the electricity in the air...
    And yes the cable should will take care of that problem ( is a new tv ) if it isn't then the problem might lie in the tv connections ( I would check those first anyways....mike

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I've got cable and it's not the TV it happens on every TV I've evert had where ever I've lived and I've seen it on other TV's but it dosent happen all the time, I was just watching the same commercial that it happened on awhile ago and it didn't happen this time....weird...

4. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

it could be the cable co. lines into your house.You should see if your neighbors(if you have any) are having the same problems.If you get a few people with the same prob have the cable co come and check the signal.Digital cable wont help if you have a signal problem.Or maybe replace the co axle(sp?) cables and buy good ones that somethimes helps.

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

You might try a signal amplifier (radio shack has them) It can up the signal that is coming from the line...i.e. if you have a weak signal then the reception sucks and can have channel walk over (seeing 2 channels on one or the grainy look are a sign of a weak signal) I was in florida for a while and the whole house had to have an amp done to get the grainy free picture....mike

6. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

That might work ive heard of those before.

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Doesn't happen over this side of the river /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif............only have a 35" Sony Trinitron tho..............by the way, Digital Cable sucks...........gotta wait like 3 seconds for each channel change.............and for a guy that's an eternity!

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Complain to your cable company. Ask if they can send a tec out to fix the problem at no charge to you becouse it's a problem with thier equipment.

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I had that problem on an old tv. We got a new TV a year or two ago and it went away. I'm wondering if I just had a bad connection that went away when I changed the tv. I actually did put in a filter and splitter when I got the cable modem, that may have helped...