Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats the Diff between the SSR Radial, and the TSL Radial

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaotical, May 13, 2001.

1. Chaotical

Chaotical Registered Member

Please help with the dicisions... I need tires ASAP..
    whats the difference between the SSR and the TSL Radial..
    they'er both radials.. so which one is better and whats the big diff..?????

HELP

Chaotic Entertainment
    Salt Lake City

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

The SSR's are newer, they come in a wider variety of sizes, they are quieter on pavement, they offer better traction on wet roads but offroad they are really similar to the older radial Swampers. I have the old style ones and I love them. They aren't wearing out that fast and I have a loud exhaust, so loud tires don't bother me, AND they're alot cheaper.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. Chaotical

Chaotical Registered Member

thats what I'm curious about.. the tire ware, and the handleing capability..
    I tow a boat and need something that will hang and not throw me all over hell... I want the BIG look of the TSL but will sacrificing the 2 inches of width be worth it for an all around driver...... I want 37 to 38's, so height would'nt make too much of a diff.. . but skinny tires... I don't know about..

Chaotic Entertainment
    Salt Lake City

4. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

I'm curious about this comparison too. I just want 33x12.50R15's The SSR's I've heard are great(the COK5 review as well as many on OR.COM and in several magazines) but they cost a fair ammount more than the TSL radials. I haven't heard much on the TSL radials, but they are swampers, so they gotta be good right? [​IMG] better than BFG m/t's at least?

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Yea BigBrown, thats the exact size of old radial Swampers that I have. They're great. GET THEM!

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Well it depend's on how much you drive on the pavement??
    [​IMG]
    These are on my rig now,and they still look good! They are quite on the pavement. They are more $$$ than the TSL's but they do last about another year..

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>