Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats the differance between a surburban and pickup frame(88)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BOTTLEDZ28, Sep 7, 2006.

1. BOTTLEDZ28

BOTTLEDZ28 Newbie

Ive got a 1988 fullsize Jimmy and Im itching to do something with it. Ive been looking at the surburban gorrila build on Extreme 4x4 but they used a surburban frame. my question is, is there a difference between the frame on a surburban and the frame on a fullsize pickup with an 8 foot bed? This is strickly for the 88 body style. Im not sure what year they started that body style in. Would I be able to just lengthen the frame on the Jimmy? I cant see it being that hard. The most I will need to replace is the fuel and brake lines, new driveshft, and replace the wiring harness with longer wires. Im just trying to make use of what I already have

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The burban frame was a little shorter, only a couple inchs IIRC. Also the frames are flatter on burbs than on pickups. That burb style went to 91.

3. Clod_King

Clod_King 1/2 ton status

sorry for ki-jacking the thread, but b454rat if you are selling all your trucks, what will you offroad in?!?!?!

4. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Won't be. If I can get a job that pays better, or if I can just sell my 97 I should be OK. Nobody serious about any of them, mostly parts off the 89. I dont' want to part it out, inless I can get all the parts sold, don't wnat to be left with what's left of a truck.

5. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

they make kits for any frame. it may not have four dours like the one on trucks. it has to be easier to start with the frame you want then then to lengthen your frame.