Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats the difference between blazer & burb doors?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rdn2blazer, Dec 25, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I did not search, so bitch at me all you want, as long as you have a possible answer when your done.

aside from the obvious 69' to 72' and 73' to 75' coverts. Im talking 76' and up. is there any differences? I only measured the length of the door skin itself. my blazer is a 73' and my burb is a 89'. they both measure bout 42 and an 1/8 aprox. will the full top blazer/burbs of similar years doors interchange? any info will be apreciated, thanks.

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

There shouldn't be any difference in the front doors between K5-PU-Sub's of the same vintage. At least nothing that should cause fitment problems. Not that I'm aware of anyway.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

They all fit..73-87 anyway...

Only difference in doors on 73-87 GM full sized trucks is the inner bottoms were the carpet might go on some models,and the door panels are different height too..I think 1978 was the year the inside of the doors changed,I could be wrong--but they all fit,and can be swapped onto any 73-87 truck..even on 73-75 blazers,you just chop off the window frames!..

I think the window glass got thinner somewhere in the 80's,so you might not be able to use a window from an older door in a newer one..

67-72 doors all swap too,and you can use pickup doors on a K5 by trimming the window frames off on these years also..:crazy:

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The only other change i'm aware of is the vent window. There were at least 2 different vent windows.

5. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Door panel mounting (inner skin) changed in 1977
    Vent windows changed in 1981 to 1 screw in upper post vs 2 screws in older ones. I never heard nothing about the glass thickness.
    I know the '73-75 k5's had a slightly different notch in the glass bottom rear for clearance for the little reinforcment that's by the door handle (to compensate for the lack of door post), but the newer windows still work in there, they are just alot harder to install.

Any year will bolt and work to any other year (-73-87 pu/s -91 k5/s burbs), just be aware you'll have to swap door panels.