Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats the difference?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 85burbanator, Jun 6, 2003.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

im wondering what the difference is between the ord shackle flip and the echobit one. they both look way different. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The ORD flip is entirley new mount for the shackle, while the Echobit is a mount that bolts onto the existing shackle mount. The ORD flip will give you a lift of 2.5 inches or 4 inches depending on which one you pick and the Echobit gives 5.5 to 6 inchs of lift (i beleive). The ORD flip takes awhile to put on because you have to drop the tank and grind off the existing shackle, both are easy to do but the grinding takes some time unless you have another way to do it, while the Echobit just bolts onto what you allready have. I have the ORD flip and it works great. I like the design of it and think it has to be stronger BUT thats just my opinon im a Marine not a metal worker, having said that i know someone will give you a better answer as to which is stronger or if it even matters??

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

That's pretty much the scoop.